~*Official NYC Mayor Eric Adams Thread of Nepotistic Hilarity*~ - update: Adams accused of 1993 sexual assault in court filing

1 hour ago, Joe said:

With the effective leadership of the definitely a Latina and not using her ex-husband’s last name for political benefit Mayor Kathryn Garcia, this would be a reality!

Hey man, you gotta work with what you got. When I need day laborers, I always mention my wife’s name is Juanita and she’s from Ciudad Juarez so they know I’ve got a feisty Latina to call them out if they try and squeeze me.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Answers on reddit are saying that the eliminations are all preliminary numbers based on if they had all the ballots in and that they'll need to go through the entire vote-transferring process again once the absentee ballots come in.

What an absolute waste of time

I’m still laughing at this whole scheme. Why are they running the RCV without all ballots in?!?! It’s one thing to publish first place ballot stuff as they come in, buttttt, so dumb to run the RCV eliminations without every thing in.

I personally think we would all be better off if nothing was released until all votes were counted, but the Tv news networks love the drama of fluctuating vote totals and their number gurus on their boards peering into the minutiae 

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m still laughing at this whole scheme. Why are they running the RCV without all ballots in?!?! It’s one thing to publish first place ballot stuff as they come in, buttttt, so dumb to run the RCV eliminations without every thing in.

I personally think we would all be better off if nothing was released until all votes were counted, but the Tv news networks love the drama of fluctuating vote totals and their number gurus on their boards peering into the minutiae 

I guess it makes sense to tell you who definitely can't win. But it's definitely just going to lead to public confusion if multiple rounds of info is put out like this.

ranked-choice-voting-e1623503970361.jpg?
NEWYORK.CBSLOCAL.COM

Eric Adams wants a judge to oversee the vote count and preserve the integrity of the ballots, while the BOE is trying to save face after a mistake that one political pundit called a "train wreck."

NYC is embarrassing!

56 minutes ago, Joe said:

Looks like it’s Adams.

It is.

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

NEW YORK (AP) — Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams has won the Democratic primary for mayor of New York City after appealing to the political center and promising to strike the right balance between fighting crime and ending racial injustice in policing.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This logic doesn’t really follow. I think he showed you don’t need a huge Twitter following to win a major political position, but it doesn’t somehow prove that having a huge Twitter following is bad for getting elected.

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

This logic doesn’t really follow. I think he showed you don’t need a huge Twitter following to win a major political position, but it doesn’t somehow prove that having a huge Twitter following is bad for getting elected.

Yeah, the truth is that a good politician will explore all avenues for support. There are politicians who have won almost entirely on online buzz (which then translates to in-person organizing), and others who have won despite this. There are also others who just win because of name recognition or party affiliation. A good candidate will try and maximize their appeal and votes—perhaps Adams would have won by 3% instead of 1% had he had a larger online presence, for example. Or, Clinton could have beat Trump had she given a shit about rural and rustbelt areas. Any politician that ignores a large section of the electorate (in any area or media) is an absolute moron. You can win without some areas/media, depending on the race...but why not try and run up the win, rather than risk it?