Is a taco the same as a burrito?

johnny

is a taco and burrito the same  

16 members have voted

1. 1. is taco and burrito same

• They are the same
    • They are not the same

6 minutes ago, Rachel said:

that doesn’t explain it that clearly tbh because a hot dog wiener and hamburger patty arent interchangeable between the two foods. Tacos and burritos both just have like beef or chicken etc and can be easily swapped between the two and stiplnmakes sense for both. 

Tacos are primarily about the tortilla just like sushi is about the rice.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

if you had to explain why, how would you

Tacos are smaller and open, traditionally using corn tortillas. Burritos are larger and enclosed, and traditionally use flour tortillas.  While they often share interior ingredients, it's a difference of form and presentation.

You can liken it to how an ice cream sundae and a milkshake have the same base and additional ingredients, but are differentiated by form factor, preparation, and how they're served.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They aren't the same buy I've heard a lot of strange orders at Mexican restaurants that give me the impression that the people don't know what they're ordering.

"Can I get a bean and cheese burrito with no beans?" - So you want a quesadilla?

People do that in all kinds of situations. I had a lady the other day that ordered an "americano with steamed cream" from  me. So.... a watered down cappuccino, then? Or I had this lady order a "gin and tonic with grey goose." So... a vodka tonic?

Or people will order a dry martini with no olives/etc. So... you want a chilled double vodka/gin but don't want to feel like an alcoholic? Gotcha.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

People do that in all kinds of situations. I had a lady the other day that ordered an "americano with steamed cream" from  me. So.... a watered down cappuccino, then? Or I had this lady order a "gin and tonic with grey goose." So... a vodka tonic?

Or people will order a dry martini with no olives/etc. So... you want a chilled double vodka/gin but don't want to feel like an alcoholic? Gotcha.

I'm a double shot extra dry cap connoisseur myself

19 hours ago, Joe said:

As the son of a couple of immigrants from Spain, it's important to me that we recognize pre-Colombian food in all its glory and separate it from post-colonial food.

27 minutes ago, Joe said:

Real enchiladas aren't baked, carnal :p

1 : a usually corn tortilla rolled around a savory mixture, covered with chili sauce, and usually baked.

Get fucked racist 

• Haha 1

Just now, Biggie said:

1 : a usually corn tortilla rolled around a savory mixture, covered with chili sauce, and usually baked.

Get fucked racist 

Dude that shit your mom buys at Trader Joe's and pops in the oven for you are not enchiladas.

What's the proper term for how you cook enchiladas? Whenever I make them at home, I'd say it's basically a stew that I wrap into corn tortillas and then... roast? Like, the oven is just their to blast some heat on it at the end. Everything in it is already cooked.

5 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

What's the proper term for how you cook enchiladas? Whenever I make them at home, I'd say it's basically a stew that I wrap into corn tortillas and then... roast? Like, the oven is just their to blast some heat on it at the end. Everything in it is already cooked.

I honestly don't really eat or buy a ton of enchiladas, but the emphasis usually is on the sauce that is put on top, not the American version that's just massive amounts of melted cheese.