Which country should I go to next?

Fizzzzle

Because of covid, this is the first year in a while that I'm not leaving home over the holidays. I hate the holidays and cold weather. BUT, that means, finances permitting, next year gets to be twice as dangerous and/or extravagant. 

I've been to every country in southeast asia except for the philippines and papua new guinea. I can't imagine I'd experience things in the Philippines that isn't available in Malaysia/Thailand/indonesia. Papua new guinea is... Extreme. I'm comfortable with a lot, but papua new guinea might be pushing it.

I also don't support countries like the UAE and qatar, as I'd never support slave labor. A friend I made in Bali told me that he mozambique can be the shit. Stress on the "can be"

23 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Because of covid, this is the first year in a while that I'm not leaving home over the holidays. I hate the holidays and cold weather. BUT, that means, finances permitting, next year gets to be twice as dangerous and/or extravagant. 

I've been to every country in southeast asia except for the philippines and papua new guinea. I can't imagine I'd experience things in the Philippines that isn't available in Malaysia/Thailand/indonesia. Papua new guinea is... Extreme. I'm comfortable with a lot, but papua new guinea might be pushing it.

I also don't support countries like the UAE and qatar, as I'd never support slave labor. A friend I made in Bali told me that he mozambique can be the shit. Stress on the "can be"

Czechia

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Prague, Vienna, and Budapest triangle. Easy to visit all three cities by train. You can even stop in Bratislava for a day. Vienna being the most expensive but all cities are pretty affordable. 

I wanted to do that last year, but I ended up scoring a round trip flight to Rome for like $400, so I went with that. Plus I have family in Italy I hadn't seen in a minute and I got to spend a week in LA on the way back where I also have family I hadn't seen in a while. Next time I go to Europe, though, I'm definitely doing it. Although part of me wants to do Finland/estonia/germany. I want to see some metal shows once those are a thing again

On 12/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, BasemntDweller2 said:

We live in the greatest country in the world. Why leave? Go visit our furthest states Alaska or Hawaii. I also hear Maine is nice in the fall.

Normally I would ask "Have you ever been out of the country for comparison?" however in this case I will ask have you ever been out of your basement to see what this country is like?

On 12/19/2020 at 9:44 AM, DPCyric said:

Normally I would ask "Have you ever been out of the country for comparison?" however in this case I will ask have you ever been out of your basement to see what this country is like?

Wow that's a really personal question. Are you going to slide into my DM's next?