Evil Dead: The Game (4-player co-op starring Bruce Campbell) - update: RIP in Peace

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Evil Dead: The Game (4-player co-op starring Bruce Campbell) - Official Reveal Trailer (2021)

Kinda looks like a horde mode game. Evil Dead is my jam (see username). I really, really want this game to be good, but I have to know more about it before I get hyped. Evil Dead has been pretty synonymous with "shitty game."

The thing that sucks is that the IP would lend itself really well to a hyper-violent, super-gory, raunchy, campy action game but nobody has the balls to make one anymore. This will likely just be a lame knockoff of a better game.

I'd love to be wrong though.

23 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Kinda looks like a horde mode game. Evil Dead is my jam (see username). I really, really want this game to be good, but I have to know more about it before I get hyped. Evil Dead has been pretty synonymous with "shitty game."

The thing that sucks is that the IP would lend itself really well to a hyper-violent, super-gory, raunchy, campy action game but nobody has the balls to make one anymore. This will likely just be a lame knockoff of a better game.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Tbh it could find a niche for itself as long as it's good enough. 

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

There have been violent, gory, evil dead action games in the past, the balls were there but the talent to make a good game wasn't.

• 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Evil Dead: The Game (4-player co-op starring Bruce Campbell) - "Gameplay Overview" Trailer
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Evil Dead: The Game (4-player co-op starring Bruce Campbell) - update: delayed to February 2022 for polishing and addition of single-player option
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Anybody been playing this? I maxed three survivors and finally got the hang of the demon after nothing but losses. Now I rarely lose and have a blast harrassing survivors.

I'm planning on picking it up but not sure when yet. It looks really fun actually, watched a friend stream it for a bit. 

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Anybody been playing this? I maxed three survivors and finally got the hang of the demon after nothing but losses. Now I rarely lose and have a blast harrassing survivors.

Need to force myself. It doesn't seem to play well with my ultrawide. My desktop is down so I guess 1080p should work on my laptop.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...