How the fuck is skirt steak more expensive than a strip steak now?

Joe

30 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lbh, Covid was designed to attack poor, minorities. White people are not satisfied with the deaths so now they are jacking up food prices. I still can’t find fucking ramen noodles in stores.

I made Sanborn jelly with my picture

spacer.png

But last time I went the only cup of ramen they had was the "Tradition" ramen and I am not a fan.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Beef prices in my area for completely normal. I think white people have caught on to the fact that skirt steak is delicious and have driven the price up.

Quite possible... North Eastern folks seem to be embracing Southwest- Mex foods all of sudden for some reason. My sister has started making really good tacos and quesadillas and we never really ate Mexican food growing up.

5 hours ago, Jose said:

Beef prices in my area for completely normal. I think white people have caught on to the fact that skirt steak is delicious and have driven the price up.

Absolutely this.  A properly cooked skirt steak is some of the best steak out there.  
I hire brown people to cook it for me.  

• Haha 1

Skirt steak prices were on the rise over the last 3 or so years as it became so notably popular in the food scene for being diverse, quick to cook, etc. There are alternative cuts that are comparable but I recommend seeking out your best local butcher shop and having a good conversation with them, what you intend to prepare, and build a rapport with them. 

Also, visited McCann's Local Meat Market in Rochester, NY (they have a freaking MEAT MACHINE!!!) last week and bought some amazing liver wurst (beef), beef mortadella, and a fan-freaking-tastic 50+ day dry aged bone in ribeye that I slathered on this amazing soy & fish sauce lacquer while cooking on offset heat on my grill over the weekend. That steak changed my life, it was like butter! 

14 hours ago, Rachel said:

I had a good thick ribeye the other night for like $8 maybe you all just need to move to buttfuck nowhere in the south like me. Everything is cheaper here. 

lol jk don’t do it.

the steak was good tho

and tbf it was on special, usually it’s $11

Boy. Looks like you're eating just fine. I never hear about these steaks in discord. Smh. Liar.

• Like 1