Games you didn’t want but bought for a different reason

Spork3245

So, buying the game as a gift doesn’t count. I’m talking about a game you didn’t really want and didn’t really care about that you bought anyway for a reason that had nothing to do with playing the purchased title.

Here’s what I mean:

I bought Resident Evil Code Veronica SOLELY for the Devil May Cry demo it included. I also bought Z.O.E. just for the MGS2 demo (but wound up enjoying ZOE at least :p )

What about you?

The closest I can come to is my friends buying Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta invite. My allowance wasn't high enough for me to pull something like that so I just played the beta at their house.

If Humble Bundle counts, then yeah I have some unredeemed games that will never get redeemed

There was definitely a time from about 10-12 years old when I worked on my parents farm, so always had 'some' money and hadn't become invested in skateboarding or Warhammer 40K, so that money was spent on games. If I wasn't actively looking forward to something, I'd sometimes ask to be driven into town and then just browse to see what they had. That's how I've ended up owning such wonderful games as Multi Racing Championship on the N64, a Dreamcast and a Neo Geo Pocket Colour. All bought as I was bored and wanted to spend some money. 

13 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Tons of bundle stuffs.

This.

Maybe Bulletstorm kinda. I mean, I did like Bulletstorm, and I think it is a better than fine game, but I don't think I ever would have bough it if it didn't come with the Gears of War 3 beta.