Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Ambrose Island" Location Reveal Trailer

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Not a lot of people playing this one eh? I’m waiting for the ray tracing patch for Hitman 3 but I’m playing Hitman 1 where I left off years ago and it really is almost a remaster of a 4 year old game, neat. I finally beat the level I left off at and yeah game is still super fun, I dunno why I stopped. 

I'm playing it... just beat the Berlin Mission which is awesome. I also played through the first two as well... love to pop those games in and replay the levels every now and then.

8 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

If I'm not mistaken you can play Hitman 1&2 in Hitman 3 so why would they release a collection? 

You have to buy the other two games to play it in Hitman 3. He wants to buy all 3 in a collection at the same time, presumably if they release a collection it would be 3 for the price of 1.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Seven Deadly Sins" DLC announced
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Seven Deadly Sins" expansion announced
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Dubai" level included in free Starter Pack until April 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Seven Deadly Sins - Pride" trailer
  • 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: IOI reports record profit for its fiscal year ($42 million profit/136% Y-O-Y revenue increase)
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Year 2" announced for 20 January 2022 (PC Ray Tracing/PC VR/Elusive Target Arcade/New Map)
  • 1 month later...

I’ve tried Hitman a few different times and it never really clicked. I skipped to Hitman 2 to see if I maybe enjoyed that one more. Maybe I should just admit that I don’t enjoy the series all that much… 

Or I’ll buy 3, import 1 and 2, and try it all again. 

Why would they tease ray tracing as part of the update we find out about today only to bump up the status it’s been in since pre release from “coming soon” to “later this year”..I mean I never assumed when I bought the game that by coming soon they meant 2023, so I’d kinda hope it’s this year. Not even an optimistic “summer” release for it, just don’t promise shit pre release you are nowhere near ready to release.

At least they are being realistic and not pretending it’s coming to consoles as well anymore!

I like this game and I had a hell of a time running through Hitman 1/2 for the first time through the H3 engine, but devs do this a lot with a promise of RT and it’s annoying. Oh well, Ill resume and play Hitman 3 “later this year” I guess and have the VR stuff until then.

• 2 weeks later...
JccTyUZKcwbQZEAw6jyrPK-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Gamers were unhappy that Hitman 3 launched on Steam at full price after a year of Epic Store exclusivity.

Hitman 3 Standard Edition owners will be upgraded to Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition. The Standard Edition, priced at $59.99, includes the base version of the game. The Deluxe Edition, priced at $89.99, adds six deluxe Escalation Contracts, suits and other items, digital soundtracks, the digital World of Hitman book, and director commentary.

Existing owners of Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition or Hitman Trilogy (a $99.99 bundle, another sore spot) will be upgraded to receive the Seven Deadly Sins Collection. The Seven Deadly Sins Collection adds the 7-part sin-themed expansion, which would costs $34.93 separately (it’s currently discounted to $29.68).