Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Ambrose Island" Location Reveal Trailer

• 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Ambrose Island" Location Reveal Trailer

Wish the RT reflections didn’t hit quite so hard in this one. On a 3080 it goes from 120fps (max even with rt sun shadows still on) to 50-60 with just turning that on. Usually I’m willing to compromise for RT but in a game with already great planar reflections it’s really just a bad trade off.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Forspoken-dragon-fight.png
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver 528.24 WHQL gets some big games ready for launch - or for an upgrade to DLSS 3 support.

The headline doesn’t say it but this driver adds dlss3 to Hitman 3 - @Mr.Vic20 @Spork3245 time to retire that one level from my test suite :(

Also time to finally play Hitman 3 proper after beating 1/2 within the engine.

• Hugs 1

19 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

DLSS3, the real story is that not only does it double your frame rate, but its adoption rate is far better than the last two DLSS roll outs! 

yes it’s been super impressive, the ease of implementation must be great, Im sure having most games now developed with temporal upscaling in mind probably helps.

DLSS3 is just so crazy to me, I thought it would give you a 33% boost originally, I didn’t realize it was a full 100% boost until I got the card. Even more than dlss2 this feels like pure magic. Is there even an image quality hit at all with it?

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

yes it’s been super impressive, the ease of implementation must be great, Im sure having most games now developed with temporal upscaling in mind probably helps.

DLSS3 is just so crazy to me, I thought it would give you a 33% boost originally, I didn’t realize it was a full 100% boost until I got the card. Even more than dlss2 this feels like pure magic. Is there even an image quality hit at all with it?

There are, on select titles, some graphics artifacts, but even those are getting addressed as they develop the 3.x iterations of DLSS3. Is the best thing since RT gave of great IQ at the cost of all of our frames! 

22 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Not really. If your fps is low you'll get weird artifacts, though.

Yeah, it’s weird to me as long as you are I think 80 or so it’s just…no difference and you get a 2x bump. It’s literally a magic button!

Also I guess this option is out yet though until the new revamp on the 26th - makes sense

46 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah, it’s weird to me as long as you are I think 80 or so it’s just…no difference and you get a 2x bump. It’s literally a magic button!

Also I guess this option is out yet though until the new revamp on the 26th - makes sense

Looks like Midnight Suns is getting DLSS3 too. Needs it for the hub area lmao

Game is super underappreciated. One of my favorite games from last year

DLSS3 update is live. It does the double frame thingy but I had forgotten that actually that one level still drops so low on my cpu in one section it STILL drops below 60 (50s) in that section. Seems more like a code issue with something going haywire in the backend and doesn’t really effect the game which largely is 100-120fps now with maxed out RT and also I already beat that level a few times lol but it still had me looking up the 7800x3d release date!