13. Mortal Kombat 11
  14. Borderlands 3
  15. Predator: Hunting Grounds
  16. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe*
  17. Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order
  18. Persona 5: Royal
  19. Need for Speed: Heat
  20. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

• Nintendo Switch was the best-selling hardware platform of Apil in both unit and dollar sales.  Dollar sales of PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch each increased by more than 160 percent when compared to April 2019.
  • Hardware spending in April 2020 grew 163% when compared to a year ago, to $420m. This is the highest total for an April month since the $427m total achieved in April 2008.  Year-to-date spending reached $1.2B, a 30% increase when compared to a year ago.
  • Dollar sales of tracked Video Game Software increased 55 percent in April compared to a year ago, to $662 million.  This is a new record high for an April month. The previous record of $642 million was set in April 2008.
  • Final Fantasy VII: Remake was the best-selling game of April and instantly becomes the #3 best-selling game year-to-date.  Final Fantasy VII: Remake is currently the best-selling game of 2020 on PlayStation 4.

EYn7B-4U8AEZGM4?format=jpg&name=900x900

EYn7LUGUMAMnWwv?format=jpg&name=900x900

EYn7Ne4UYAA9O2D?format=jpg&name=900x900

EYn7PijUMAAG5Iw?format=jpg&name=900x900

48 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Have they given an indication on the PC release? I honestly forgot that was probably a thing. Though I irrationally want to play it on my PS4.

They said it was a one year exclusive on PS4. It will come to PC. Doesn't it say that in this very thread? :p

Edit: I mean in the FFR thread. :p

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They said it was a one year exclusive on PS4. It will come to PC. Doesn't it say that in this very thread? :p

Edit: I mean in the FFR thread. :p

Oh I just meant have they given a release date lol. I assumed it was a sure thing I just don’t know if I wanna wait too long. 

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

70 hours later, I can't really agree with any of this. You do you.

I mean you can disagree with "textures take forever to load in, hair has weird screen-door patterns and skyboxes, including skyboxes that the characters specifically draw attention to, look like early 2000s jpegs" but uhh, well, you can't really disagree with facts, now can you? Unless all that "looks great." Game is all over the place visually.

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I mean you can disagree with "textures take forever to load in, hair has weird screen-door patterns and skyboxes, including skyboxes that the characters specifically draw attention to, look like early 2000s jpegs" but uhh, well, you can't really disagree with facts, now can you? Unless all that "looks great." Game is all over the place visually.

If only I'd have noticed any of that.

You do you. 

While a large majority of the game does look visually impressive. Xbob isn't wrong here. The most prominent are Cloud's apartment door looks completely unrendered and the horrible skybox they specifically have you look at while grappling up the wall. With many other small instances here and there.

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

If only I'd have noticed any of that.

You do you. 

Max noticed it a lot. It's really hard NOT to notice.

Heck there are some sections in the slums, I dunno when you're around those kids (I don't know what chapter) and the texture on the wall just doesn't load at all or just looks like low res butt.

I’m half concerned that the skyboxes wouldn’t look any better on PC and would just stand out worse in 4K. :o

It’s a solid looking game on PS4 Pro.  30fps 1440p but without frame pacing issues as DF noted.  That’s more important to me than the occasional blemishes.  It’s impressive that it doesn’t drop frames in most battle sequences.  Okay, maybe fat chocobo does it.

21 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I’m half concerned that the skyboxes wouldn’t look any better on PC and would just stand out worse in 4K. :o

It’s a solid looking game on PS4 Pro.  30fps 1440p but without frame pacing issues as DF noted.  That’s more important to me than the occasional blemishes.  It’s impressive that it doesn’t drop frames in most battle sequences.  Okay, maybe fat chocobo does it.

Bingo. The little stuff doesn't matter. Game ran well and played well and was realllly pretty. Stuff like skyboxes, I just don't care and barely know how to identify them, nor do I care to.

The thing is that I never had one problem during the stuff that actually mattered in the game. There’s pop-in sometimes walking around sector 6 and stuff but I never had any graphical limitations ruin the gameplay. Cut scenes were always nice. 

I thought the slum-level sky boxes worked out okay.  The times where you looked down from the upper plates, or on the way to Shinra were... yikes.

I don’t think it could be helped by better resolution.  Heck it might even blend better on a 1080p set.