Platinum 4 site is now open.

GameDadGrant

Almost at $150,000 in about 30 minutes, ya, this is coming to pc and ps4.

I missed it on Wiiu, I’ll pick it up on switch for sure, and it looks like it releases in 2 months?

Edit: And now it’s passed 300k securing the pc version and well on its way to the ps4 version, will probably hit it in an hour or two. Surprised to see this take off so fast.

I was one of the few who actually played The Wonderful 101, and it was one of the most surprising, and rewarding games I have ever played. Once I finally got the hang of the controls, and the overall gameplay design, things eventually started falling into place, and that is when I was having fun. And the best part of it was it never, ever let up until the very end. I seriously cannot wait to give this a go on Switch/PS4/Steam. I should pop back in my copy, and play through it once again. :cool:

As far as the Platinum 4 site goes, if #1 is W101, it makes me wonder what 2, 3 and 4 are. My theory is 2 is a sequel to one of their earlier games like Okami, Vanquish, or Nier even. 3 is likely a no-brainer with Bayo 3, and 4 might be Drakengard 4. I look forward to the eventual announcements! :D

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

C'mon Bayonetta 2 (and maybe 3!) on other platforms. I'm wondering just how much control they have over their IPs and whether Nintendo would allow or could disallow them from porting it, or what kind of contract they entered into about it.

Based on what I read on Kotaku, it would appear that for the case of W101, Nintendo gave them the all-clear to port it to other systems despite that it was backed by Nintendo themselves. It's possible it's purely on a case by case basis, so who knows? It is possible that Nintendo feels Bayo has more staying power on their platforms compared to W101, so maybe W101 is ok, but Bayo is not? 

10 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

Based on what I read on Kotaku, it would appear that for the case of W101, Nintendo gave them the all-clear to port it to other systems despite that it was backed by Nintendo themselves. It's possible it's purely on a case by case basis, so who knows? It is possible that Nintendo feels Bayo has more staying power on their platforms compared to W101, so maybe W101 is ok, but Bayo is not? 

Sounds like both franchises are 50/50 owned by Nintendo. Nintendo might just not consider W101 a big franchise series with staying power. Considering they're already working on a third game and Bayonetta was a fan favorite in polling that got her in Smash, that's probably true. W101 was actually the first Wii U game I ever played over at PAX East, but I never did pick it up.

If we're going to speculate about Platinum games that could use updating, how about MadWorld? I thought that game was actually a ton of fun and I think it wound up doing poorly on the Wii.

8 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Sounds like both franchises are 50/50 owned by Nintendo. Nintendo might just not consider W101 a big franchise series with staying power. Considering they're already working on a third game and Bayonetta was a fan favorite in polling that got her in Smash, that's probably true. W101 was actually the first Wii U game I ever played over at PAX East, but I never did pick it up.

If we're going to speculate about Platinum games that could use updating, how about MadWorld? I thought that game was actually a ton of fun and I think it wound up doing poorly on the Wii.

I own MadWorld, but have never played it (should really get on that), and yet would love the prospect of a port/remaster, and/or a sequel on the Switch/PS4/Xbone. 

And going back to what you're saying earlier, I think you're right about W101 not having much power compared to a franchise like Bayonetta. I would bet that Bayo 3 will never be ported over to other platforms as long as it is successful, same with Bayo 2. Bayo 1 is a different animal because it started out as a multiplatform game, and we all know the story of Bayo 2 (still remember all the butthurt folks who complained to Nintendo, forgetting that if not for Nintendo, the game likely never would've existed). 

It's possible Nintendo thought given their current relationship with Platinum, they could allow this one time as long as Platinum did all the groundwork (which they are). W101 is a unique situation for a Nintendo-published game becoming multiplatform. Now, having said all this, that does not answer the question of why Xbox was not included in the campaign. It simply is not in the cards if the kickstarter is anything to go off. And yet, W101 is very much a Japanese-style game, made by a Japanese developer, and the Xbox is anything but a success over there. As a compromise, I think Platinum agreed to port it over to Steam like they did for Vanquish, and Bayonetta 1, in exchange for not porting it over to Xbox. 

EDIT: Guess I'm only partially right. https://twitter.com/IonMagus/status/1224580370643017728?s=20

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's multiplatform though so it probably wouldn't be $60 anyway.

There was mention Nintendo was considering to publish but platinum decided not to so they could go multi platform. If they didn’t then you can bet your ass it would have been $60 (as all nin ports have been).

There was an interesting article about the Bayonetta franchise that AnimeNewsNetwork posted up based on an IGN Japan article:

Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba mentioned in an interview with IGN Japan published on Tuesday that the company is interested in self-publishing the Bayonetta series of games, but noted that it is purely a desire, and not a statement on whether or not the company could actually do it. He added that Nintendo and Sega currently both own half of the intellectual property rights for the series, and that if Platinum Games were to self-publish Bayonetta through crowdfunding, it would require a high amount of money compared to the company's recently-launched Kickstarter campaign for The Wonderful 101: Remastered game.

Platinum Games and Sega released the first Bayonetta action game about a shape-shifting, fighting witch on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan in October 2009, and then in North America in January 2010. Platinum Games and Sega released Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U in October 2014. Sega published Bayonetta for the PC in April 2017, and it released Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for the Nintendo Switch in February 2018. Sega will publish Bayonetta and Platinum Games' Vanquish games together in a 10th anniversary bundle physically and digitally for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on February 18.

Bayonetta 3 is in development exclusively for the Nintendo Switch console.

Source: IGN Japan (Daniel Robson, Esra Krabbe) via Hachima Kikō

If Nintendo owns half the franchise, it's gonna take something special for them to allow any future games to be ported to another console, let alone possible remastered versions getting a non-Nintendo release.

40 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Pretty sure ANN made a mistake there. Either way, now that has me curious. Could Platinum make a multiplatform Bayonetta 4 with Sega again?

Sega owns the IP, Nintendo just owns Bayonetta 2 and 3 since they funded both games and has publishing rights. Nothing should be stopping Sega from making multi platform Bayo 4 besides the fact that they haven’t wanted to fund a sequel thus far. Maybe now Platinum can use some tencent games money and license the IP from Sega then self fund/publish it though. 

Edit: And oh, it passed 1.5mil so the 2D side story thing is happening!

Well, part 1 of the side story thing is happening. Now there's more episodes to pay towards. Did it always say part 1 or whatever?

Anyway, I wonder if they could use some tricky marketing/finagling to get around Nintendo "owning" Bayo 2 and 3. Rename them Bayonetta Complete and change a few things, perhaps? I feel like there's always some sneaky way to get around these issues, but maybe I'm just optimistic.

I mean they’d have to pretty much recreate all assets, change any new enemies/characters/music, rewrite the story etc. In the process damage what is currently a great business relationship with Nintendo (and ask Sega to damage their relationship by allowing it) all for what still would probably be a legal nightmare of a game that would sell maybe 2mil copies.

Doesn’t sound very likely nor wise. The best chance for an official multi platform release of 2/3 would still be if they could just convince Nintendo to accept enough money to either allow it as they did for W101 or to just sell the game rights to them.

You’ll get your pc versions through emulation in a couple years anyway.

They didn’t really say it was going to be a part 1 of multiple for the 2D side story they just called it first mission, which made sense since it’s a prequel and didn’t really sound like it would just be part of a larger prequel. But ya, now it does seem that way :(

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

You’ll get your pc versions through emulation in a couple years anyway.

Gross, I want a version that looks and runs flawless. Unless Platinum can gather up the scratch or Nintendo relents, that doesn't look like it'll happen in the next decade. Not until the Switch U rerelease where it runs at a full 1080/almost 60.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Gross, I want a version that looks and runs flawless. Unless Platinum can gather up the scratch or Nintendo relents, that doesn't look like it'll happen in the next decade. Not until the Switch U rerelease where it runs at a full 1080/almost 60.

And I want my dog to learn to suck my dick properly, sometimes we can’t get what we want man.