Redbox Will No Longer Rent Video Games

skillzdadirecta

"Will focus exclusively on movies"

Redbox is exiting the game rental business, the company confirmed to The Verge on Monday. The company’s trademark rental kiosks have been a handy way to rent physical copies of movies (if you still have a disc drive to use to play them, that is), and they have been one of the few remaining places to rent physical copies of video games. But if you relied on Redbox kiosks as your place to rent or even buy new PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch titles, you won’t be able to anymore. In a statement, Redbox says it is “permanently transitioning out of the games business” to focus exclusively on movies.

• Shocked 1

Meh. I rented the most recent CoD just so I could get a taste of it and decide if I wanted to buy it, but I had my answer about two hours later. That $2 saved me $60, so it was convenient in that regard. BUT I could never see myself renting a game from Redbox with the intention of actually playing it for several days.

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Meh. I rented the most recent CoD just so I could get a taste of it and decide if I wanted to buy it, but I had my answer about two hours later. That $2 saved me $60, so it was convenient in that regard. BUT I could never see myself renting a game from Redbox with the intention of actually playing it for several days.

Same, just wanted to play the campaign so that's what I did. Not having the option to rent games at a RedBox is a major inconvenience for those not able to afford games at $60/piece.

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

And Soy Sauce and Hot Sauce packets too... shit comes in handy when you run out of condiments and didn't realize it.

You guys are doing it wrong.  My friends wife snatches the whole bottle into her purse when she's at place that has them at the table.

• Haha 1