Black Panther 2's villain will be...

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But it is a black panther movie. :thinking:

indeed and it'll be used to intro Namor who will then no doubt be spring boarding into his own series

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I still think Daniel Dae Kim is perfect for this role. I don't care if he's fifty.

He may be fifty but he sure as hell doesn't look it and considering he's been dying to play Namor I have no doubt he'd work his ass off to get into any shape they wanted him to be in. 

9 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Even though Marvel flopped out their phase 4 dick at SDCC, I cannot help but wonder if at D-23, they have even MORE announcements!? I mean Kevin DID tease us with all the other things in the pipeline outside of the next 2 years so yeah.

it's actually quite odd they announced as much as they did at CC, these kind of big announcements is the entire purpose of D-23

14 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Man, I don't like the idea of Namor being the antagonist :(

13 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I foresee he and BP being adversarial for most of the film and then teaming up at the end  

Yeah, the same way  The Rock and Jason Statham were antagonists in the FF movies. Or like how Batman was an antagonist to Superman. 

Thats kind of what I would expect hearing this. There will be a bigger threat to make them join forces. 

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I don't know anything about him, but according to his wiki he's mostly a good guy? Maybe Coogler wants to go further with this antagonist than he did in the first film and make him someone you can really root for.

good guy? sure, but he's also kind of an arrogant jerk at times, lol, but then I suppose the same is true of Stark and Strange, though I'd say Namor takes it at another level ;) 

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well it tracks... he was introduced to the Silver Age Marvel Universe as a villain against the Fantastic Four before becoming something of an Anti-hero. . I can see them pulling something similar here.

I’d wager it’ll be something to the effect of... Wakanda is branching out after the events of Black Panther and Infinity War/Endgame, and part of that involves shipping vibranium. We’ll find out that vibranium has caused sea pollution or in some other way affects the oceans, and there will be a cultural clash between Atlantis being a still hidden kingdom and Wakanda being a recently unbidden one.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’d wager it’ll be something to the effect of... Wakanda is branching out after the events of Black Panther and Infinity War/Endgame, and part of that involves shipping vibranium. We’ll find out that vibranium has caused sea pollution or in some other way affects the oceans, and there will be a cultural clash between Atlantis being a still hidden kingdom and Wakanda being a recently unbidden one.

Maybe, but I doubt if Wakanda would export Vibranium. In the Marvel U there are TWO Vibranium sources, one in Wakanda and one in the Savage Land. They could easily make the second source Atlantis and set up the rivalry that way.