Who's watching the World Cup final?

SaysWho?

The whole like...skill, athleticism thing... I mean I never really got it. 

I'll sit and watch a pickup basketball game at the gym and I can be extremely entertained by that if the circumstances are right. 

If people didn't like it (women's soccer, or sports in general) and that was that, they probably wouldn't comment at all and you'd never really hear from them. So it begs the question, if its so uninteresting to you and you find their skill level so boring...why are you even in a thread about that subject and trying to discuss it? 

The answer almost certainly cannot come from a good place. 

Use your energy for something more productive or positive. 

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

So I noticed this morning on ESPN bottom line ticker that they now have a category for the women’s soccer league. lul 

You mean the World Cup got great ratings and now they want to give the league more exposure? No fucking way bro.

6 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

The whole like...skill, athleticism thing... I mean I never really got it. 

I'll sit and watch a pickup basketball game at the gym and I can be extremely entertained by that if the circumstances are right. 

If people didn't like it (women's soccer, or sports in general) and that was that, they probably wouldn't comment at all and you'd never really hear from them. So it begs the question, if its so uninteresting to you and you find their skill level so boring...why are you even in a thread about that subject and trying to discuss it? 

The answer almost certainly cannot come from a good place. 

Use your energy for something more productive or positive. 

Sort of like if someone dislikes a video game? Why would he/she post in a thread about the video game? So if you don’t like something you should stay silent and shut the fuck up? Gotcha. 👌🏻

6 hours ago, Jose said:

You mean the World Cup got great ratings and now they want to give the league more exposure? No fucking way bro.

Running the scores of games on a bottom feed ticker isn’t really exposure. Actually showing the games might would be but they won’t do that until there’s an actual audience that will sit and watch it. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Sort of like if someone dislikes a video game? Why would he/she post in a thread about the video game? So if you don’t like something you should stay silent and shut the fuck up? Gotcha. 👌🏻

Running the scores of games on a bottom feed ticker isn’t really exposure. Actually showing the games might would be but they won’t do that until there’s an actual audience that will sit and watch it. 

Dude we are talking about it because you saw it. Wtf fo you think exposure means. You have been exposed to it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jose said:

Dude we are talking about it because you saw it. Wtf fo you think exposure means. You have been exposed to it.

Didn’t watch one minute of the women’s World Cup and no way in hell I’d watch the WSL. Now I did notice the ticker with the scores but I didn’t read it or pay attention to it. Wow that’s some exposure man!

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Actually no, not at all.

They’re inherently different in many ways - the most important probably being soccer is essentially the same game it has been for decades and decades. You’re not discussing soccer really, you’re discussing things ancillary to the soccer, and something very specific which we’ll get to below. Games are a moving target and new ones are constantly released. It’s a medium that benefits from dissection of what worked, what didn’t, and you can learn and understand things in a different way by interacting with someone who doesn’t like a game you don’t like. 

If the person is just in said video game thread saying “MOBAS SUCK,” (which, let’s be honest, they’re totally correct in this case), then they are trolling and in most cases yeah you probably shouldn’t do that, but I think even you’d agree that “trolling fans of a very specific video game genre” is a little lower stakes than asserting essentially that women are inferior to men. 

Because again if you’re in this thread to discuss the idea that women are less skilled or whatever than men, you should REALLY examine to yourself... hey you know why do I feel compelled to be here making that argument. And like I said before the answer is certainly not a good one. 

18 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Actually no, not at all.

They’re inherently different in many ways - the most important probably being soccer is essentially the same game it has been for decades and decades. You’re not discussing soccer really, you’re discussing things ancillary to the soccer, and something very specific which we’ll get to below. Games are a moving target and new ones are constantly released. It’s a medium that benefits from dissection of what worked, what didn’t, and you can learn and understand things in a different way by interacting with someone who doesn’t like a game you don’t like. 

If the person is just in said video game thread saying “MOBAS SUCK,” (which, let’s be honest, they’re totally correct in this case), then they are trolling and in most cases yeah you probably shouldn’t do that, but I think even you’d agree that “trolling fans of a very specific video game genre” is a little lower stakes than asserting essentially that women are inferior to men. 

Because again if you’re in this thread to discuss the idea that women are less skilled or whatever than men, you should REALLY examine to yourself... hey you know why do I feel compelled to be here making that argument. And like I said before the answer is certainly not a good one. 

Women’s sports in general are boring.  And so was your long winded response. 

On 7/26/2019 at 4:28 AM, Jose said:

Biggie is just jealous that all those lesbians on the team actually know how to make a woman cum. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 1:59 PM, Biggie said:

Compared to Bills football I’m not surprised you enjoyed it 

Ha!  Yes, I know, I know.

The only thing that helps me get to sleep at night is knowing that my team didn't give up the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

I mean, damn, that would just suck.   

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

Ha!  Yes, I know, I know.

The only thing that helps me get to sleep at night is knowing that my team didn't give up the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

I mean, damn, that would just suck.  Suicide would actually be on the table at that point.

Or lose 4 straight..............

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Biggie said:

Or lose 4 straight..............

:lol: Indeed!

Brady is the greatest QB of all time and Belichek may be the greatest coach.  

Yet, I will be impressed by them more so...if they make it to 4 straight super bowls.  Something that has only been accomplished by one team in NFL history.

BTW, editing out my suicide comment above, because although it is a joke directed at you Biggie (which we know each other and of course I don't mean, and it was said in jest), I understand the offensive nature the statement may be to others.

FOOTBALL RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!