Who's watching the World Cup final?

SaysWho?

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Awww, it's cute what you're trying to do, but let's stick with the topic at hand. I'm not interested in other shit.

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, I generally disagree with sexist, racist, and generally bigoted hateful people. 

You mean like staying on topic like this?

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, you're being pretty damn sexist here. The rest was just a general response to "you don't agree with me, so I must be trolling." 

So because I don’t like/enjoy watching women play sports that men clearly do better I’m a sexist? So if I don’t like men’s soccer what name do you have for that?

I assume most people in this thread don't watch women's soccer (or soccer at all) on a regular basis, and are just cheering for a US team winning a championship?

If you really purport to support women's soccer, I would suggest going to a NWSL game and watching games live on yahoo sports.  That's what this team really needs.  Otherwise, I would suggest you don't really care about women's soccer.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

So you've watched every good thing and read ever good thing ever created.

Moreover, being 'good' is completely irrelevant when it comes to fandom. College athletics aren't 'good', but I'll still watch Pitt whenever I can! I have not developed a fandom for any NWSL team, and it is unlikely I ever would simply because I already have too many teams I root for.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

So you've watched every good thing and read ever good thing ever created.

Just checking to see why you thought it was good soccer.

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Moreover, being 'good' is completely irrelevant when it comes to fandom. College athletics aren't 'good', but I'll still watch Pitt whenever I can! I have not developed a fandom for any NWSL team, and it is unlikely I ever would simply because I already have too many teams I root for.

Agreed.

That's still a stupid argument though. Like, good compared to what? The USWNT isn't good compared to the French mens national team, but that is a pointless comparison because they don't play them. And you would be hard pressed to explain how the Women's World Cup is 'bad', other than it is less physical/quick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I love watching college football knowing that NFL has better play. I just feel more connected with my alma mater than my old state. If someone said, "Yeah, college football is better than the NFL ROLL TIDE they can be any NFL team," I'd say, "No, dude lolol NFL has better play." But that doesn't matter; I enjoy watching which teams grow during the season and which don't.

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

That's still a stupid argument though. Like, good compared to what? The USWNT isn't good compared to the French mens national team, but that is a pointless comparison because they don't play them. And you would be hard pressed to explain how the Women's World Cup is 'bad', other than it is less physical/quick.

Furthermore, lol why is anyone required to talk about why exactly they think something's good? There's a lot of good shit I see on occasion that I know is good that I don't watch. Tons of great music, shows, plays, movies and video games are out there. There are 24 hours in the day and I have a job. I'm glad I get to watch the Women's World Cup SHEESH! :p 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Whole lot of fake women’s soccer fans up in here. 

Good thing their 15 minutes is just about up and they’ll be right back into oblivion. 

You're talking the oblivion of being Olympic contenders and always getting into the World Cup finals every tournament this decade?

I mean, let's face it: if the measure of a person is how famous someone is, then you're fucked, man.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chris- said:

And you would be hard pressed to explain how the Women's World Cup is 'bad', other than it is less physical/quick.

Even then, that should be caveated... there's absolutely less diving and flopping in the women's World Cup compared to the men's.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wouldn't call myself a gymnastics fan, because I don't have time to follow it year-round, but damn if I don't get excited to watch it during the Olympics every four years and cheer for Team USA. 

Another fantastic woman’s sport nobody gives a shit about. Yay you!