Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rodimus

Change the board names back please

Recommended Posts

I suggest you get less cute with the board names. and return them back to the previous names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mikechorney said:

Why do we now have a Mac included with the PC gaming board?

 

+1 for the old names

Mac didn't have a "natural" home so I made the decision to include it in the "PC Tech" sub-board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SFLUFAN said:

Mac didn't have a "natural" home so I made the decision to include it in the "PC Tech" sub-board.

Mac's aren't for gaming....  I would suggest the consumer technology forum...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mikechorney said:

Mac's aren't for gaming....  I would suggest the consumer technology forum...

The PC Tech board isn't strictly for gaming though the majority of the discussion will be centered on that.  That board can essentially be used for any "computer-related" issues or discussions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The PC Tech board isn't strictly for gaming though the majority of the discussion will be centered on that.  That board can essentially be used for any "computer-related" issues or discussions.

It's your decision.  But including announcements of hipster Mac laptops in a forum that primarily talks about building gaming PCs, video cards, CPU benchmarking and monitors makes little sense to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikechorney said:

It's your decision.  But including announcements of hipster Mac laptops in a forum that primarily talks about building gaming PCs, video cards, CPU benchmarking and monitors makes little sense to me...

Then let the thought of how quickly those Mac-related threads will be buried provide soothing comfort to you :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

It's your decision.  But including announcements of hipster Mac laptops in a forum that primarily talks about building gaming PCs, video cards, CPU benchmarking and monitors makes little sense to me...

Jesus Christ man, be more dudebro master race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to voice my support in favor of the new board names. I was actually thinking about something similar the other day but didn't think enough people would care one way or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, I do think some would benefit from a different name 

 

Suggestion Box could be changed to “Help Center” or something since I think that reflect the nature of the board more.

 

The Red Carpet could be changed to “The Show Floor” I think red carpet makes the board sound just for movies but the show floor encompasses the consumer electronics aspect but could also be considered as “Show” like any other entertainment medium.

 

Tell me what you think @SFLUFAN ✌?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The PC Tech board isn't strictly for gaming though the majority of the discussion will be centered on that.  That board can essentially be used for any "computer-related" issues or discussions.

Could we add consumer tech to the tech board? Doesn't get used much on the entertainment board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

However, I do think some would benefit from a different name 

 

Suggestion Box could be changed to “Help Center” or something since I think that reflect the nature of the board more.

 

The Red Carpet could be changed to “The Show Floor” I think red carpet makes the board sound just for movies but the show floor encompasses the consumer electronics aspect but could also be considered as “Show” like any other entertainment medium.

 

Tell me what you think @SFLUFAN ✌?

I was also thinking of "The Stage" :thinking:

 

Maybe a poll is in order to choose between The Red Carpet, The Show Floor, and The Stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I was also thinking of "The Stage" :thinking:

 

Maybe a poll is in order to choose between The Red Carpet, The Show Floor, and The Stage?

This may be a stupid question.  What does "The GM Screen" mean?  (GM means General Motors to me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mikechorney said:

This may be a stupid question.  What does "The GM Screen" mean?  (GM means General Motors to me.)

My guess would be Game Master. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikechorney said:

This may be a stupid question.  What does "The GM Screen" mean?  (GM means General Motors to me.)

 

If you don’t know you were never meant to post there :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Just googled it.  I must be old.  We always called them Dungeon Masters.

 

:shrug:

The answer is yes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only one I don't like is "The Arcade." Feels like a fighting game forum, and sounds retro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The only one I don't like is "The Arcade." Feels like a fighting game forum, and sounds retro. 

I'm really open to suggestions for that one.

 

I originally tried "The Comfy Couch" but @nobody liked that one :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm really open to suggestions for that one.

 

Kinda hard to think of one. Not many good options. 

 

The $60 Experience

The Dashboard

The Electronic Boutique 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the worst fucking names ever. “The Red Carpet”? Really?

Wait, no, “Comfy Couch” was actually worse.

Just use normal names, like everywhere else.

:| 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

These are the worst fucking names ever. “The Red Carpet”? Really?

Wait, no, “Comfy Couch” was actually worse.

Just use normal names, like everywhere else.

:| 

6vb3Jrq.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...