Maneater (22 May 2020) (open-world ARPG where you're a shark) OT - Get out of the Water!

PC Gamer article: A lot of men get eaten in the Maneater gameplay reveal

Sharks are wonderful animals and do not spend all their time swimming around looking for people to eat, and they definitely do not rush at people from the depths, catch them in their jaws, perform multiple backflips in the air, and then eventually slam them into a concrete pylon. It does look like a lot of fun to do that, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Maneater Takes a Bite Out of Consoles, Coming Soon to PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC Platforms on May 22, 2020

Tripwire Interactive and Deep Silver Partner to Explore Uncharted Waters with Gaming’s First ShARkPG Coming to Retailers and Digital Storefronts Worldwide

• 2 months later...

Maneater hands-on: Grow from adorable shark pup to adorable shark monster (PC Gamer)

The fun in the tougher fights with apex predators and the Coast Guard—who appear as part of an armada that responds to your GTA-like infamy level—will determine if all the chomping and evolving is worth it, and Tripwire is confident that it's built more than a novelty fish sim. But just exploring Maneater's seven regions while Chris Parnell tosses out gags seems like a good time, too, especially if you enjoy marinescapes. It's definitely one of the prettiest oceanic games I've played, despite all the human-caused pollution.

43 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Pedantry :hmm:

Hardly. If someone said they liked underwater games like  Subnautica (like you said) and thought this game was anything like that they'd probably be disappointed.

However, I would be fine with it if you said you love games that take place in bodies of water.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Hardly. If someone said they liked underwater games like  Subnautica (like you said) and thought this game was anything like that they'd probably be disappointed.

However, I would be fine with it if you said you love games that take place in bodies of water.

1. I said that looking at this game reminded me I still needed to get the Subnautica expansion.....not that the two were comparable in gameplay or content

2. I also said I like game set underwater.....and this is set underwater because thats the natural environment for your shark character

Your're not a shark thats running around land....it's not your natural setting for the game...hence limited movement and ability once you leave the water.  Its open world with the exception that your severely limited outside your natural environment..which makes sense.  

Just because Ecco could jump out of the water and perform actions doesn't mean Ecco's setting wasn't under water either.

Also...you should have been fine with my original post with getting pedantic about it in the first place.

6 hours ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Just because Ecco could jump out of the water and perform actions doesn't mean Ecco's setting wasn't under water either.

But you go underwater in Ecco and explore the depths of the ocean. I'd be fine calling it an underwater game.

6 hours ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Also...you should have been fine with my original post with getting pedantic about it in the first place.

Well I'm not.

• 2 months later...