Microsoft Flight Simulator OT - The Sky is Calling, update: Flight Simulator 2024 announced

I wish they let Drew speak a bit more in that Quick look, but I guess it's kind of against the idea of the video, but he's got some great insight as you can see in that video I posted of him playing Xplane on the first page. Even though it's a different game probably some stuff you want to keep in mind while flying.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Flew over my house. Crashed the plane before I found the active pause feature.

I think I'll try some of the Cessna training stuff, but this game really seems like it demands a flight stick, and I really can't justify that.

There isn't alot of options I am finding. At this point I either wait until Sept for a restock of the x52, buy a Warthog which is super expensive, or buy a X56 for 380. 

Do you have interest in flight sims. There are alot of older ones that are good. Plus DCS World is free to play. Though you only get the SU-25 Frogfoot and a trainer P-51 mustang base.

I'm giving it a month before I decide to buy any special peripherals for this just to make sure my enthusiasm doesn't get the better of me, but I'm not sure if I should go for a yoke or a flight stick. I'm kind of leaning yoke since I'm not terribly interested in combat sims and would rather have a more true to life experience in MSFS, but the broader uses of a stick are tempting. 

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I need to setup my Flight stick.  Figure I can also use it for the Rogue Squadron game coming soon too.

While I look forward to Squadrons there is a strong chance a stick might not be a good competitive option. 

Broke down and order this X56 I found on walmart. Get's here next week. 

54 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I look forward to getting this at some point but damn why DX11 and not DX12 or Vulkan? so stupid for a game of this size.

What would DX12 have offered over DX11 with the launch assets? :confused:

DX12 with ray-tracing is coming in a future update, anyway.

37 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Is that a remastered version of Rogue Squadron for PC? 

No he is talking about Squadrons. It's a mp focused space combat game. Think of it as a blend of the Starfighter assault mode in Battlefront 2 mixed with the old space sim games.

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Well better performance to start.

http://www.redgamingtech.com/how-much-better-is-performance-with-modern-apis-directx-12-vs-directx-11-opengl-vs-vulkan/
The difference when you’re not CPU limited is within the margin of error or an increase of 3%-ish fps...? That means instead of 30fps average I’d get 31fps. The performance boost with DX12 only really exists if you’re running super low resolution and/or have a weak cpu.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Microsoft Flight Simulator OT - The Sky is Calling, update - "Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2021"
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...