Dark Phoenix trailer trailer_final_FINAL_v2_realfinal.mp4 released

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Yeah, I still don’t want to see it. I have never like this story arc. It makes no sense for this movie to take place in the same cinematic universe as the original X-men movies since they already did a Dark Phoenix movie. 

That timeline was erased. Did you not watch X-Men: Days of Future Past?

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Man, this movie must be hot garbage if they're leaning in so heavily on the nostalgia angle.

They shown like 27 minutes of the film already so I still have some faith in it. At the very least, I think this movie will be technically great. You have Lee Smith, Mauro Fiore, and Hans Zimmer behind the scenes.  

10 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

That timeline was erased. Did you not watch X-Men: Days of Future Past?

That wouldn’t change how it can happen and what she is. They established that the Phoenix was just her mutant powers dialed up to 11, not a different entity possessing her like in the comics. 

That’s like because they erased that time line l, so now Charles isn’t a mutant, he got his powers from being bit by a radioactive psychic vampire.  

You can can do one. You can do the other. But you can’t do it both ways. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That wouldn’t change how it can happen and what she is. They established that the Phoenix was just her mutant powers dialed up to 11, not a different entity possessing her like in the comics. 

That’s like because they erased that time line l, so now Charles isn’t a mutant, he got his powers from being bit by a radioactive psychic vampire.  

You can can do one. You can do the other. But you can’t do it both ways. 

Charles Xavier sensed the Phoenix inside of Jean so he locked it away. When she saved the X-Men in X2: X-Men United and died that unleashed the Phoenix inside Jean. In this new timeline the Phoenix hasn't been awakened yet. When Jean is hit by a solar flair it awakens the Phoenix. Two different events that lead to the same outcome.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Charles Xavier sensed the Phoenix inside of Jean so he locked it away. When she saved the X-Men in X2: X-Men United and died that unleashed the Phoenix inside Jean. In this new timeline the Phoenix hasn't been awakened yet. When Jean is hit by a solar flair it awakens the Phoenix. Two different events that lead to the same outcome.

In this the Phoenix is a separate entity that possesses Jean. In the trailer they make mention that others could not handle having the power. 

In X3 it was just an alternate personality, but still Jean. They treated it like schizophrenia. They brought up Mutant power rankings out of nowhere just so they could put in numerical form how powerful her mutant power potential is compared to everyone else. 

Unless  the trailers are intentionally misleading they are not treating it the same. 

1 hour ago, Jose said:

DISAGREE

To me, the X-Men are most interesting when they’re dealing with more local, mutant or anti-mutant threats. X-Men... in... spaaaaaaaace and the other “big picture” stuff they deal with has always been much less interesting to me. 

33 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

To me, the X-Men are most interesting when they’re dealing with more local, mutant or anti-mutant threats. X-Men... in... spaaaaaaaace and the other “big picture” stuff they deal with has always been much less interesting to me. 

I'm a fan of when the bad mutants and the good mutants join forces. 

X3 was terrible, but I loved when Magneto ripped that random mutant a new one for laughing at Xavier's death.

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Exactly how I feel!

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-box-office-opening-weekend-projections/

Dark Phoenix may end up scoring the all-time worst box office opening weekend for Fox's X-Men film franchise. To say this property has had its fair share of ups and downs during its nearly two-decade existence would be an understatement. In stark contrast from Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe (which has posted a string of consecutive Certified Fresh hits), the X-Menmovies tend to be all over the place in terms of quality. For every Days of Future Past or Logan that earns widespread praise, there's a Last Standor X-Men Origins: Wolverine getting panned. One constant throughout the series, however, is that they've all been financially successful.

On 5/14/2019 at 1:53 PM, Kal-El814 said:

It’s almost like the Phoenix Force has never been all that interesting. 

I hope you die

of old age peacefully while surrounded by loved ones after living a fruitful life.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://screenrant.com/xmen-movies-weapon-x-redone/

I think the other storylines in the mainline X-Men movies were told well. I think, in terms of other X-Men films or the spin-offs, maybe the Weapon X story could be told again. Jim Mangold did such an extraordinary job with Logan and I loved it. I don't know how you would do it to like go backward, I don't think you could do it with Hugh, but I do think that there's something in the Weapon X story that would be cool to see.