Which PS4 game should I play next?

ShreddieMercury

I just finished Metro Exodus, and am looking for something else to play.  The recent thread about obscure games, as well as some really good things written about Vampyr have me leaning towards that, but I'm open to other suggestions.  Here are recent games that I've played and loved:

Prey

Hitman 2

RE 2 Remake

Astro-Bot

Tetris Effect

Still in my backlog are:

Moss

REmake

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Doom (played some but never finished)

I like single-player action games and platformers mostly.  Any off-the-beaten-path games I should know about that I might not have considered?  Should I get Vampyr?  Or should I work through the backlog games that I've been putting off?

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Play REmake. It's not that long and it's really good.

That's the only game on your backlog list I have an opinion on. 

1 hour ago, fuckle85 said:

Remake and then RE2make.

Ok I will play REmake.  I started it a while back and got stuck pretty early on.  But I played through the RE2 Remake, loved it, and am more accustomed to how these games work now so maybe I'll get through it easier.

2 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I played maybe an hour or two of it after I got it on sale last year, but it wasn't grabbing me.  Does it get better/more interesting as it goes along?

Yeah. The first part, which is long is kind of a tutorialish area / part of the game. When it opens up the game gets a lot better.

Some of y'all didn't read anything past the list of games. :p 

OP: Looks like you got the PSVR bundle.

Astro Bot is the superior game, especially in the fun factor, but Moss is a really nice puzzle-adventure game. It's not complicated, you can play it more relaxed, it's got a really lovely look to it, and it'll run you around 4 - 5 hours. So going from Astro Bot to Moss won't feel like a letdown; you should enjoy it.

With Horizon Zero Dawn, the more I played it, the more I loved it. It opens a bit slower because you're still overall in a smaller area when you finally get into the open world, but then the entire eastern part of the map opens, followed by the western side. There's a ton of stuff in the game that's very fun to do, especially the cauldrons. And once you learn how to control the robots, assembling your own little gang during a battle is aces.

Doom is a lot of fun; I can't see why you wouldn't like it coming back to it.

REmake is good. If you liked RE2make, you'll like this one, though RE2make is totally the better on. It was made around its controls, whereas the modern controls in REmake can make zombies really easy to run away from (but I can't play it with tank controls, damn it).

1) Horizon: Zero Dawn - GOTY in 2017.  If you already own it, this is one of the best games I have ever played.  Great story.  Fantastic combat -- it has such a variety of weapons and enemies, that I never got bored.

2) Doom -- this game just got better and better.  Such a departure from "modern" shooters.

Horizon: Zero Dawn- I rarely finish games these days and even less so open world games but I loved my entire play through of HZD. Hell even after I beat the game there was parts I would go back to and just play some of the combat against the toughest enemies!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn- I rarely finish games these days and even less so open world games but I loved my entire play through of HZD. Hell even after I beat the game there was parts I would go back to and just play some of the combat against the toughest enemies!

I've beaten it three times, twice with DLC, just because I loved the gameplay, world and lore.

But it helps that it's, like, 1/4 the length of The Witcher 3. :p You can plat the game in 60 hours.

12 hours ago, mikechorney said:

1) Horizon: Zero Dawn - GOTY in 2017.  If you already own it, this is one of the best games I have ever played.  Great story.  Fantastic combat -- it has such a variety of weapons and enemies, that I never got bored.

11 hours ago, DPCyric said:

11 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I've beaten it three times, twice with DLC, just because I loved the gameplay, world and lore.

+1 

Picked it up for like 5-10 bucks last year, and after a few hours in, I was hooked. Story grabs ya. Feels pretty dynamic throughout, even when farming.

• Like 1