Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey Trailer and Discussion Thread

Bring it back full circle, I say. Get an even longer name out there to make sure all the standard DC marketing points and eraser points are covered:

'Margot Robbie is Harley Quinn - Joaquin's Joker's ex (Not girlfriend, because she's a strong, independent woman. Maybe daughter? As long as we don't mention the terrible "JL" Joker name).'

• Guillotine 1

12 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Like I said before I saw it and enjoyed it well enough, but the problem with the film wasn't the name. 

I'll be honest.... as a guy who tries to follow movie news, it was only due to a recent trailer that I even knew Birds of Prey = DC movie. :s 

On 2/11/2020 at 12:41 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like if you want to see Margot Robbie eat duck eggs this is the movie to watch!

One, duck eggs are delicious and I prefer them over chicken eggs. Two, she mentions this in the best celebrity interview show on the Interwebs.

I was thinking more about this and the early "chase" sequence should have exemplified this movie. It was farcical to an almost Monty Python level, with everyone she'd ever wronged all approaching her at the same time for any number of reasons. It was insane and zany and totally fit with Harley Quinn's energy. However, with the context of the full film, it also felt weirdly out of place with this version of Gotham and the movie as a whole, but I really wish it didn't. I suppose you can't have an entire film at that same Looney Toons energy level, but I wish they'd tried a bit harder make it that way.

On 2/16/2020 at 3:41 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Unsurprisingly name change did nothing. $17M 48% drop

48% is a good second weekend hold for a comic book film, actually. 55-60% is more typical.

• 2 years later...