The Mariners

thewhyteboar

53 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Tippin’ pitches will get you crushed by a power lineup like the Phils

Is it tipping pitches or is it the mofo refuses to throw a fastball and thus it’s pretty easy to know what’s coming when you know the guy just won’t throw one of his pitches?

14 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Is it tipping pitches or is it the mofo refuses to throw a fastball and thus it’s pretty easy to know what’s coming when you know the guy just won’t throw one of his pitches?

I just showed you how he was tipping since literally the beginning of the game, so, yes?

Lance often goes long stretches without throwing a fastball (most famously throwing 24 straight curve balls to close out the 2017 ALCS game 7 against the Yankees).

The reason tipping is so damaging here is that they can write off the fastball as an option other than the rare time he was throwing one, which was made very clear by the glove/leg kick differences.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I just showed you how he was tipping since literally the beginning of the game, so, yes?

Lance often goes long stretches without throwing a fastball (most famously throwing 24 straight curve balls to close out the 2017 ALCS game 7 against the Yankees).

The reason tipping is so damaging here is that they can write off the fastball as an option other than the rare time he was throwing one, which was made very clear by the glove/leg kick differences.

You could write off the fastball tonight before he even came set. 

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I didn’t wanna jinx it but I can ask now. How tight was your butthole in the 9th inning. 

Oddly, not at all. It’s a neat historical factoid, but I’m mostly just happy for Cristian Javier. Kid has been incredible for two years now and has been the Astros 6th starter. He’s finally getting his due on the biggest stage.

Some good baseball nerd stuff on how a dude throwing 93-94 on his fastball just went 6 no hit innings against an elite offense. You’re going to hear about VAA a LOT more in the next few seasons

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1103%2Fr1085320_
WWW.ESPN.COM

In a postseason crammed with aces, Houston's Game 4 starter has been the best of the bunch. And Wednesday night, he delivered a gem -- just when his team needed it most.

Dusty Baker will back for another season as Astros field manager, and apparently GM James Click has also been offered an extension through next year.

Jim Crane is ruthless