The Mariners

thewhyteboar

2022 Phils are an interesting team. They’ve got bats for days, two top tier starters, and a really solid back end of the bullpen. They don’t play defense much, but they can just out slug you to a W.

14 minutes ago, Dodger said:

At least the Padres won the trade deadline. How the fuck do you pitch to Harper with the game on the line  and then bunt with one out and a runner in scoring position in the ninth. 

Left Hader in the bullpen in a must win game with the heart of the Phillies order coming up. Managerial malpractice.

I think the bunt was likely just a Grisham decision because he’s been so trash. Thought he’d go surprise drag bunt but ended up going mostly back up the middle to the pitcher. That’s just too risky IMO regardless of whether it worked out or not.

How do you lose the platinum glove award winning, super clutch postseason shortstop in Correa…and get something better out of your rookie SS the very next season? I love it, but Astros player development is unfair 😂

One of my buddies that works as a professional editor has made these World Series hype videos each of the four times the Astros have made it. One thing that is really great about baseball in the modern era is the quality of video content the teams are capturing. Even 5-6 years ago they weren’t doing half of what they do now.

Anyway, this is some fantastic work by my friend

DE787861-2-DF6-44-C9-AC80-A906-FF5-D6-CB2

My cousin snapped this pic from the concourse of my wife and a handful of others in our section still standing in the 10th. People were really deflated by Verlander blowing a 5-0 lead. And a 4+ hour game that is tied for a long time is exhausting. But you gotta stand, losers!

Yesterday was Dusty in a nutshell. Left a starting pitcher in too long, left Mancini in for his third AB when he’s looked like a beer league softball player up there, and left Stanek in the bullpen in the 10th and instead went with a starter who has pitched out of the bullpen literally once in his career.

I knew the Dusty we all know would show up at some point, but still frustrating none the less.

33 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yesterday was Dusty in a nutshell. Left a starting pitcher in too long, left Mancini in for his third AB when he’s looked like a beer league softball player up there, and left Stanek in the bullpen in the 10th and instead went with a starter who has pitched out of the bullpen literally once in his career.

I knew the Dusty we all know would show up at some point, but still frustrating none the less.

Welcome to my world

All Star Game GIF by MLB