The Mariners

thewhyteboar

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Carrabis isn’t at Barstool.

And LOL, you don’t spend much time on Baseball Twitter. Or watching road games for the Astros where “cheater” chants persist. Or watch local news broadcasts from literally yesterday morning

You can take the moron out of Barstool but you can’t take Barstool out of the moron!

had no idea he left, I never followed him because Barstool is utter trash. 

and no, I do not watch Astros games. 

It is always surprising to me when you find something in baseball history, the sport with the longest and most meticulously kept records in the major sports of America, that has only happened a few times

every other walk-off homer in the post season you can think of was a tied game. That is wild.

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It is always surprising to me when you find something in baseball history, the sport with the longest and most meticulously kept records in the major sports of America, that has only happened a few times

every other walk-off homer in the post season you can think of was a tied game. That is wild.

I watched Joe Carters home run live and it still gives me goosebumps. 

• Hugs 1

These stories are both a shame on the MLB for how they make life impossible for pretty much anybody other than first round picks with the terrible process of going from the minors to the show, if you ever get there.

But also an incredible human perseverance and triumph story. His interview after the game (he drew a walk on an 8 pitch AB in the 9th) was so sweet. I have the softest of spots for September call ups that make it onto the playoff team 😭

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve definitely become more aware of these things due to helpful posts by @Jwheel86 Really crappy situation

Jesus fuck the comments to that post are frustrating. I ran into similar shit going to college football games where I could get an accessible seat as a student but my friends (also students entitled to free tickets) would have to pay full price to sit with me because "they were really good seats". 

9 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Jesus fuck the comments to that post are frustrating. I ran into similar shit going to college football games where I could get an accessible seat as a student but my friends (also students entitled to free tickets) would have to pay full price to sit with me because "they were really good seats". 

I will fully admit to not having a perfect understanding of wheel chair issues, but I do try and listen to the people affected to begin to understand more. Always feel like those unaffected want to argue why it’s really not a big deal :/ 

This is still a year early for this team. Your best player is 21 and only going to get better, Cal Raleigh is only going to get better, Jared Kelenic actually showed something and if he can be something that totally changes the ceiling of the team, the pitching rotation has 3 legit dudes and a legit wildcard (motherfucking Ray), and the bullpen will be fine. This year hopefully showed that the Mariners can actually be a real legit contenders. They need to go out and spend some money and get some more offense. Honestly probably a starter too since you can’t count on all 5 starters being perfectly healthy again next year. Spend some money, count on some natural development, and go win the damn division next year. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

UH OH, Yanks! Really gutsy performance by the bay Guardians. That is another club like the Ms on the precipice of being a very strong title contender over the next five years. 

Used all his effort to keep the Yanks in it after the ASG and the chase of Maris. Guy looked mentally exhausted heading into the playoffs. Still gonna get stacks on stacks