The Mariners

thewhyteboar

I think there could be a sensible tweak that enhances the benefit of being a top seed, that being to play the DS starting on ‘Monday directly after the WC weekend to ensure the WC teams have at best their 3/4 guys start games 1 and 2 of the DS, while to top 2 seeds run out their 1/2 guys. 

This is just whiny old guy nonsense

36 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think there could be a sensible tweak that enhances the benefit of being a top seed, that being to play the DS starting on ‘Monday directly after the WC weekend to ensure the WC teams have at best their 3/4 guys start games 1 and 2 of the DS, while to top 2 seeds run out their 1/2 guys. 

I do prefer to keep playing and avoid any time off. This isn’t football where time off let’s the body recover. These guys stand around for 3 plus hours a game. What they need is repetition not time off. 

• True 1

59 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Even "old guy nonsense" doesn't explain that tweet. Baseball has a history of the lesser teams getting hot at the end of a season and riding that to not only division crowns, but pennants and World Series titles. Hell, baseball celebrates this history. This is straight fanism and wishful thinking that only certain teams deserve to get berths in the World Series no matter what..

• Halal 1