The Mariners

thewhyteboar

It's no longer just some kind of well last year was an injury plagued year, he just looks completely lost at the plate and is constantly changing what he does at the plate. And this is spring training so it's not like pitchers are figuring him out, he just looks lost at the plate. 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

fair, Cashman, fair.

Now do 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021

While having the top 2 payroll in baseball. He is legit bad at his job. He has signed some of the worst contracts in baseball. This year’s team payroll is north of $250M and we are probably 4th best team in the AL East. He stinks

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

While having the top 2 payroll in baseball. He is legit bad at his job. He has signed some of the worst contracts in baseball. This year’s team payroll is north of $250M and we are probably 4th best team in the AL East. He stinks

Yup. Being the Yankees (or Dodgers) GM is like turning off salary caps, and turning in forced trades in Madden. To get consistently worked over by teams spending far less than you is really a GM problem as he keeps building teams with shocking holes.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yup. Being the Yankees (or Dodgers) GM is like turning off salary caps, and turning in forced trades in Madden. To get consistently worked over by teams spending far less than you is really a GM problem as he keeps building teams with shocking holes.

The lack of relative value top paying MLB teams are willing to tolerate is always shocking to me.

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Except Dodgers have a consistent top 10 farm system

22 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Except Dodgers have a consistent top 10 farm system

The rest of my post wasn’t about the Dodgers. But thinking about it now, their failure to win it all is even worse than the Cashman lead Yankees of the last decade, though the current GM I think will net them a full season championship multiple times before this decade ends.

The other thing that Cashman never gets ripped for is how the farm system is utter shit. Every few years they pump up some prospects when they won’t spend money but they never materialize. I fully expect Volpe, Peraza, and Dominguez to be vaporware until they can spend again.

Can April 7th get here so I can finally bitch at my tv?

Not every team has the ability to suck donkey balls for half a decade to stack draft picks. Okay credit to being able to draft the right guys since plenty of teams have actually done this and failed. The dodgers haven't lost 100 games since 1908, and only once since then have they lost 90. Only took your team 50 years to figure out how to not be shitty for 5 years. That's not worthy of praise. 

• True 1

32 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Not every team has the ability to suck donkey balls for half a decade to stack draft picks. Okay credit to being able to draft the right guys since plenty of teams have actually done this and failed. The dodgers haven't lost 100 games since 1908, and only once since then have they lost 90. Only took your team 50 years to figure out how to not be shitty for 5 years. That's not worthy of praise. 

@rc0101understood the assignment :p 

Welp definitely not winning shit this year.

If anything, Cody Bellinger getting benched in May is what will lead to Lux playing every day. Lux isn't having a good spring, so he's not beating the door down. 

I admit I originally hated the Pollack signing, but he was great the last two seasons to where he was worth the contract.

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Welp definitely not winning shit this year.

If anything, Cody Bellinger getting benched in May is what will lead to Lux playing every day. Lux isn't having a good spring, so he's not beating the door down. 

I admit I originally hated the Pollack signing, but he was great the last two seasons to where he was worth the contract.

Bellinger is your number 8 or 9 hitter. There are worse positions to be in lol

8 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Bellinger is your number 8 or 9 hitter. There are worse positions to be in lol

If the dude can't hit his way off the interstate he's no longer a major league level hitter, even down in the order. But Gavin Lux has never really ran with any opportunity he's been given so he's not exactly forcing the issue either. 

29 minutes ago, Dodger said:

If the dude can't hit his way off the interstate he's no longer a major league level hitter, even down in the order. But Gavin Lux has never really ran with any opportunity he's been given so he's not exactly forcing the issue either. 

It’s April I wouldn’t worry too much until the trade deadline. 

The Angels having two of the most dynamic players in the last 20 years on their squad makes me so sad given how poorly run they are.

Free Trout and Ohtani