The Mariners

thewhyteboar

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

That’s a lot of money to risk. I would have hedged it and signed the contract with an opt out after 4 years. Hit free agency at 28 and still sign a huge contract. 

I think he is going to get a long term deal, but AAV needs to be north of 35 million however they structure it.

As much as I hate the guy for ruining 2019 for me, kid is the best offensive talent in the game by a mile. With universal DH coming, he can be a 20 year player with his swing and plate discipline.

34 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'm at the point where I fear that the season won't happen. The owners want to crush the union and know that fans will (wrongly) blame the players, so I think they feel that they can sit tight and let the players eat shit. Frustrating.

Meeting lasted 15 mins. What a joke

• True 1

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

lol even though I agree with the idea that infielders should have to have one foot in the dirt

the shift is annoying to me but some of these guys can have a free base if they could just bunt it hard enough so the pitcher can’t easily get to it. half the field is open it doesn’t even have to be a great bunt. 

15 hours ago, johnny said:

the shift is annoying to me but some of these guys can have a free base if they could just bunt it hard enough so the pitcher can’t easily get to it. half the field is open it doesn’t even have to be a great bunt. 

I use to do this when I played years and years ago. I’m a big guy now and was one back then too. Still sometimes the 3rd baseman would see me step up to the plate and back himself to the back of the infield grass. Funny thing is that I shot everything centre and left field off my bat, but I was ok at placing a bunt down the 3rd base line when I needed too. 

It is indeed clear that Manfred does it care for the game of baseball, only the business interests of the owners. Adam Silver continues to be the only of the three major commissioners who seems to both like the sport he runs AND likes the players who generate the revenue.