The Mariners

thewhyteboar

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Can’t play at Home and at Toronto? Just cut them at this point. Can’t make the playoffs with 3 regulars constantly out. 

Ya think that maybe this silly mandate is scaring potential free agents from wanting to play in New York? 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Ya think that maybe this silly mandate is scaring potential free agents from wanting to play in New York? 

1. I don’t think almost any of the top FA’s are unvaccinated.

2. Mets haven’t had any trouble getting people because Cohen is willing to pay. Hal is just being cheap.

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

1. I don’t think almost any of the top FA’s are unvaccinated.

2. Mets haven’t had any trouble getting people because Cohen is willing to pay. Hal is just being cheap.

What about family and friends? They can’t come out to the ole ball park and watch you play?

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

What about family and friends? They can’t come out to the ole ball park and watch you play?

The mandate is only for workers

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Maybe if he deciding between two similar offers but Yankees aren’t making competitive offers. Yankees no longer care if they go decades between championships as long as they make money. 

Would be nice to see the Jays go on a good run. Beats the Yankee's being on top of the division almost every year and the Red Sox randomly winning it all every 5 years or so. So yeah let it be between the Rays and Jays for a few years. I don't think the Orioles will ever figure it out again. 

28 minutes ago, johnny said:

Chapman's bat hasnt been the same since his injury a couple years ago. I hope he figures it out. I'm not a fan of our hitting coach so maybe that was part of the problem. I wish him the best. 

That was a slight worry but then I remembered that we’re The Jays. If their is one thing we are good at, it’s hitting, especially them dingers. I think the bat will come around as it seems contagious and he will be in a friendly hitting ballpark. Compare to the monstrosity of a stadium that he is had to deal with for the past 5 years. I wonder when they will release a home run jacket to the masses

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

@Dodger @rc0101

Your dude is already filthy and he’s adding a new pitch. I think he is going to be the best bullpen arm in baseball over the next few seasons

Hopefully our new closer. His K rate is pretty low for a dude who throws that hard, going to need that to get up there. 

20 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Hopefully our new closer. His K rate is pretty low for a dude who throws that hard, going to need that to get up there. 

From the dozen or so appearances of his that I watched closely, I feel like he is too timid with 2 strikes. Maybe this new pitch is something that will be his out pitch.

Framber Valdez of the Astros had apparently been working on a cutter, and I think that will give him a lot more opportunity for punch outs. He has been a ground ball guy so far in his career, but similarly a bit timid when he does get guys in 2 strike counts

34 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

@johnnysorry, your stadium isn’t getting built again

I think it’s an overreaction. they said they would be open to a Yes vote in June if they get more information. Just more work to do which isn’t unexpected. Kaval’s comments about the stadium when he’s not getting what he wants are so doom and gloom.