The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Sitting here rooting for Shoei to go perfecto. This is legit the most amazing pitching performance I’ve ever witnessed.

Oh, and he’s all been on base 3 times and drove in 2 runs. Simply incredible.

On 4/16/2022 at 8:57 PM, sblfilms said:

Hunter Greene throws very hard

Hey, as a D-Backs fan I resent this tweet. Every one of our pitchers are capable of throwing 100+ mph... as they are driving away from the stadium and tossing something out the window after another loss. 

31 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Looks like the same “ump” the Blue Jays had last week. Just take a look at the chart on the previous page with an 86% call accuracy. Also @sblfilms you gonna catch any of the games with the Jays series?

Due to other grown up responsibilities, I exchanged out my Friday and Sunday tickets for extra seats at other games, but am planning to go Saturday. Wish I could hit up all three.

My goal is 60 games, but 50 may be more likely. Friday and Saturdays can be tricky as I try and be available to my theater managers which is hard at a loud baseball game 😂

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Due to other grown up responsibilities, I exchanged out my Friday and Sunday tickets for extra seats at other games, but am planning to go Saturday. Wish I could hit up all three.

My goal is 60 games, but 50 may be more likely. Friday and Saturdays can be tricky as I try and be available to my theater managers which is hard at a loud baseball game 😂

Had to see who was pitching for the Jays, but I had a good idea. I hope we both get to enjoy another pitching gem from Manoah tomorrow (screw your Astros:p)

12 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Vladdy going first to home on a gapper was impressive. Dude is huge but surprisingly fast

When I saw him run I was like “Holy Fuck he trimmed down good” He did well last year in dropping some weight and this year looks pretty fucking fit. The guy could probably steal a few bases if need be, and that’s just another tool/trick in our already impressive arsenal. Had another angle of Chapman running and he had to avoid Vlady’s helmet before 2nd base, and clocked Vlady there at 27.2secs lap run (league average at 27sec) 

This kid is going to be great. He is currently top 10 in defensive WAR, and he is learning how to hit in the big leagues. Really exciting stuff.

And @silentbob, what an intense series. Every game was decided by a single run!

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This kid is going to be great. He is currently top 10 in defensive WAR, and he is learning how to hit in the big leagues. Really exciting stuff.

And @silentbob, what an intense series. Every game was decided by a single run!

it was indeed a great series. I was hoping for the sweep but I had that sinking feeling that a walk-off was in order somewhere. Until next time 

Most of this is way past the tank-to-build phase, with the only marginal case being Kyle Tucker. Scouting matters, but team like the Astros, the Rays, the Dodgers, and seemingly the Jays and Ms, are KILLING it on the player development side of things.

Really impressive what these orgs do, especially when you consider where those first three have been picking draft wise for the last 6-7 years and how much International pool money they are allotted.