The 2023-24 Mock Gambling Thread - FINAL!

Slug

The dust has settled, the chips have fallen, and all the games have been played!  It's time for the final MGT results of the 2023-24 season!

########## Super Bowl Results ##########

Feature Game: San Francisco 49'ers (-2.5) @ Kansas City Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs are your world champs, beating the Niners by a score of 25-19.5(22-2.5)!  Bets on the Chiefs win.

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? 49'ers TD, 49'ers FG, 49'ers safety, Chiefs TD, Chiefs FG, Chiefs safety, or other? ($5,000 for the correct call)
After a scoreless 1st quarter, the 49'ers got on the board in the 2nd with a 55 yard Moody field goal to start the scoring.  San Francisco field goal is the call.

2) How many total penalties will be thrown and accepted in the Feature Game?  ($5,000 for the right number)
Each team got flagged six times for a total of twelve penalties accepted for the game.  Nobody got this one.

3) Which team in the Feature Game will have the most total receiving yards? ($3,000 for the right answer)
Kansas City has 325 total air yards to San Fran's 272.  KC is the call.

4) Which team in the Feature Game will win the Time of Possession battle? ($3,000 for the correct team)
It was a pretty evenly played game, but the Niners edged out KC in this category holding the ball for 38:31 to 36:26.  SF is the call.

5) What will the combined score be at the end of each quarter?  Give us 4 scores, corresponding in order to the four quarters. You will win the Q5 cash for EACH correct answer. See my example answer below if you are confused. ($10,000 per correct score)   
0, 13, 23, 38 (even though the final score was 47, Q5 was for the first 4 quarters and does not take into account overtime periods). Commissar SFLUFAN was the only player to get even a single quarter right, correctly calling the 3rd quarter score!

##############################

It was a close competition with a tight leaderboard all season.  It's a rare thing to have so many players still have a reasonable shot at the title going into the post season and even rarer to have so many players still in the thick of it when the Super Bowl rolls around. Everyone played a great MGT season, but in the end there can be only one. Ladies and gentlemen give it up for your 2023-24 Mock Gambling Thread champion...

spacer.png

...silentbob!

Our champ was in the mix all season, never taking the lead but threatening the whole way.  That is, until the Conference Championships when he crashed the top of the leaderboard and held on for the win!  Congratulations on a well won season and DM me to coordinate delivery of your prize!

######### FINAL LEADERBOARD #########

@silentbob - $186,600
@Keyser_Soze - $155,000
@thewhyteboar - $47,800
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $21,550
@Biggie - $20,900
@AbsolutSurgen - $11,000
@best3444 - $9,000
Slug - $7,000
@Kal-El814 - $6,000
@BasemntDweller2 - $600
@Brian - $0

##############################

########## CHAMPIONS ##########

2019 - BasemntDweller2
2020 - AbsolutSurgen
2021 - BasemntDweller2
2022 - Keyser_Soze
2023 - AbsolutSurgen
2024 - silentbob

###############################

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1 & 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8 - BYE
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17
Week 18
WILD CARD ROUND
DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS ROUND
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
SUPER BOWL
###############################

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Thanks @Slug for putting this together. Name your game of choice and platform. 

Dude!  I appreciate you, but that's really unnecessary!  I have as much fun running the season as I hope everyone does playing in it.  :)

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I once again I wanna thank @Slug for running this event year after year. Also for being very generous with the gift card prize. He told me to represent my team, and at first thought a hat. Then I thought “How often do I really get to do this” So I went a little bigger 

spacer.png

spacer.png

my first official American Team Jersey. Joining a few of my MANY Jays jerseys, but they all match<3 Also I’m not stoned in that pic, just on a few pain meds. Stoned shortly afterwards to help me out 

• Like 2
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 2

On 2/15/2024 at 12:59 PM, Slug said:

Dude!  I appreciate you, but that's really unnecessary!  I have as much fun running the season as I hope everyone does playing in it.  :)

IMG-1708.jpg
Ok then I donated some money. Thanks for putting this together each year. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 3