The 2023-24 Mock Gambling Thread - The Last Son of Krypton Flies into the Lead!

Slug

In a week where several players had big gains while a couple had tragic falls, it's Kal-El814 that shakes off his food coma and takes the lead coming out of the holiday!  Most of the board is still within one week striking distance and our previous leader surely isn't going to let missing the Thanksgiving deadline dissuade him from fighting for the throne back.  With only 5 weeks remaining until the post season it's still anyone's game!

########## Week 12 Results ##########

Feature Game - Washington Commanders (+11.5) @ Dallas Cowboys
HahahahahahaHAAAAAA...no. *cries in Washingtonian*

QUESTIONS

1) Name the player that will score the first touchdown in the Feature Game ($1,000 for the correct player)
Dowdle caught a 15 yrd TD for the first score of the worst game of the season.

2) Name the player that will score the first touchdown in the Green Bay @ Detroit game ($1,000 for the correct player)
The Pack and the Pride traded touchdowns in the first quarter, with GB drawing first blood on a 10 yard receiving TD by Reed.

3) Name the player that will score the first touchdown in the San Francisco @ Seattle game ($1,000 for the correct player)
Deebo Samuel gets a carry out of shotgun from 2 yards out for this one. Biggie was the only players to call his name.

4) Name the player that will score the first touchdown in the Miami @ New York Jets game ($1,000 for the correct player)
Tyreek Hill gets a red zone TD from 7 yards out to score the first touchdown of the first Black Friday game ever.

5) Call the winners:
Jacksonville at Houston
New Orleans at Atlanta
Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals
($500 for each correctly named winner, $1,000 bonus if you hit all 3)
Biggie was the only player to call all three correctly to earn the bonus!

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@Kal-El814 - $23,600
@Biggie - $15,400
@best3444 - $15,200
@AbsolutSurgen - $11,400
@thewhyteboar - $11,400
@Brian - $10,900
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $10,550
@Keyser_Soze - $8,800
@silentbob - $6,500
@BasemntDweller2 - $600
Slug - $500

If you think I mathed wrong, let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1 & 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8 - BYE
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
###############################

Week 13 Feature Game and Questions follow this post!

WEEK 13 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 13 ENTRIES - 11/30/2023 (Thursday) 20:14 EASTERN
THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 13 Feature Game
Kansas City Chiefs (-6.5) @ Green Bay Packers
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Chiefs TD, Chiefs FG, Chiefs safety, Packers TD, Packers FG, Packers safety, or other? ($700 for the correct call)

2) Which team in the Feature Game will convert the higher percentage of their 3rd downs? ($600 for the correct team)

3) Name any two teams that will combine for more than 42 points in Week 13. ($700 for a correct combo)

4) How many ROAD teams will win in Week 13? ($1,000 for the correct number)

5) Call the winners:
Indianapolis at Tennessee
Detroit at New Orleans
San Francisco at Philadelphia
($600 for each correctly named winner, $1,200 bonus if you hit all 3)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Packers $400
1. Chiefs TD
2. Chiefs
3. Washington & Seattle
4. 7
5. Colts, Lions, Niners
#####################

I dropped a total of two weeks worth of entries. I had to much on my plate to to do it last time. I think I might respectfully take myself out of this. I'm really not into football and don't know any of the players and stats. Thanks slug for this. You're a good dude.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I dropped a total of two weeks worth of entries. I had to much on my plate to to do it last time. I think I might respectfully take myself out of this. I'm really not into football and don't know any of the players and stats. Thanks slug for this. You're a good dude.

Bruh you’ve been leading for weeks and you’re in third place. lol

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

There's still 5 weeks of regular season, the entire playoffs and the Super Bowl.  And the Questions $ value goes up every week.  Even me with my lowly $500 isn't out of it yet.  Well, Base isn't at least. :P  Keep fighting IMO.

44 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bruh you’ve been leading for weeks and you’re in third place. lol

I missed two full entries. I think I'll try playing next time but not missing 2 weeks of earnings. That's a big loss.

35 minutes ago, Slug said:

There's still 5 weeks of regular season, the entire playoffs and the Super Bowl.  And the Questions $ value goes up every week.  Even me with my lowly $500 isn't out of it yet.  Well, Base isn't at least. :P  Keep fighting IMO.

It's just not my thing and I'm saying it politely. After getting knocked off 1st place because of missing two week entries is lame af.

• Hugs 1

• Slug locked this topic