The 2023-24 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 4 - thewhyteboar stays on top!

Slug

In a week that saw record setting performances across the League, it's the whyteboar that retains his seat on the leaderboard as we move into Week 4!  The entire board is still in it and several players are hot on his heels.  Will he be able to hang on?

########## Week 3 Results ##########

Week 3 Feature Game - LA Rams (+2.5) @ Cincinati Bengals
A close one on Monday night, but the Bengals just manage to cover the Rams with the points by a score of 19-18.5(16+2.5).  Bets on Cincy win.

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Rams TD, Rams FG, Rams safety, Bengals TD, Bengals FG, Bengals safety, or other? ($200 for the correct call)
The Rams started things off with a 30 yard Maher field goal in the 1st quarter.  Rams FG is the call.  

2) How many turnovers (combined) will be given up in the Feature Game? ($200 for the right quarter)
LA threw 2 picks and Cincinnati threw 1, with no fumbles lost by either team for 3 total turnovers.

3) Which team will score LAST in the Steelers @ Raiders Sunday nighter? ($100 for the right answer)
The Raiders were the only team to score in the 4th quarter, ending the night with a 26 yard field goal, but it wasn't enough to bring them back.  Guesses on Oakland get it.

4) Name the quarterback that will be sacked the most in Week 3. ($300 for the right player)
In a game that I'd very much like to forget, Sam Howell was sacked 9 times on Sunday which is only 3 off the single game record. Nobody got this one.

5) Call the winners:
Atlanta at Detroit
New Orleans at Green Bay
LA Chargers at Minnesota
($100 for each correctly named winner, $300 bonus if you hit all 3)
Brian, silentbob and thewhyteboar each picked all three correctly to earn the bonus!

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@thewhyteboar - $2,100
@Kal-El814 - $1,900
@Brian - $1,700
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $1,350
@Biggie - $1,300
Slug - $1,300
@AbsolutSurgen - $1,200
@Keyser_Soze - $900
@BasemntDweller2 - $600
@silentbob - $700
@best3444 - $100

If you think I mathed wrong, let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1 & 2
Week 3
###############################

Week 4 Feature Game and Questions follow this post!

• Hype 1

WEEK 4 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 4 ENTRIES - 9/28/2023 (Thursday) 20:14 EASTERN
THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 4 Feature Game
Detroit Lions (-1.5) @ Green Bay Packers
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Lions TD, Lions FG, Lions safety, Packers TD, Packers FG, Packers safety, or other? ($200 for the correct call)

2) Which team in the Feature Game will have the most combined rushing yards? ($100 for the right team)

3) Name any RB that will have over 100 yards rushing in Week 4? ($200 for the right answer)

4) Which team will win the time of posession battle on Monday night (Seattle @ New York). ($100 for the right team)

5) Call the winners:
LA Rams at Cleveland Put down literally anything for the first pick here.
Pittsburgh at Houston
Miami at Buffalo
($100 for each correctly named winner, $300 bonus if you hit all 3)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Green Bay for $100
1. Packers TD
2. GB
3. Brian Robinson
4. Seattle
5. Browns, Steelers, Bills
#####################

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I mean, the schedule I saw had Rams/Colts and Browns/Ravens.

You type too fast. :P  Yeah.  I typed the wrong team.  Pick #1 is now a gimme because I fucked it. :D

All players: Put whatever you want for pick 1 of Question #5.  You got it correct yay!

6 minutes ago, Slug said:

You type too fast. :P  Yeah.  I typed the wrong team.  Pick #1 is now a gimme because I fucked it. :D

All players: Put whatever you want for pick 1 of Question #5.  You got it correct yay!

So I could put Dolphins and Bills down for my choices. I just won’t say what I’m using my freebie guess on. :notsure:

• True 1

• Slug locked this topic