Toby Keith dead at 62

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Stomach cancer, not a fun way to go. 

I admit to liking “Beer for my Horses” that he did with Willie Nelson, but otherwise, meh. He leaned hard into that right-wing dumb patriotism act and fuck all that. 

RIP in peace. 

In some ways I think Keith was the blueprint for the modern day celebrity chud like how Limbaugh was the mold for the horrible modern right wing media. 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Imagine caring and wanting to be plugged into things that affect us all on both macro and micro levels. :silly:

Right! It’s not like a celebrity being in the White House didn’t do irreparable harm to the country, not to mention the world.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

Right! It’s not like a celebrity being in the White House didn’t do irreparable harm to the country, not to mention the world.

He was one of the better presidents we ever had. Biden is a complete and utter joke. The guy is a walking corpse who is completely delusional and has no cognitive ability. He can't even speak let alone walk normally. I cannot wait until he is out of office. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

He was one of the better presidents we ever had. Biden is a complete and utter joke. The guy is a walking corpse who is completely delusional and has no cognitive ability. He can't even speak let alone walk normally. I cannot wait until he is out of office. 

I’ll let my family members who died during the pandemic know what a great President he was. 

• Hugs 3

Anyways, since this is about Toby Keith:

And my favorite story involving Keith:

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Kris Kristofferson has been in more than 70 films; Ethan Hawke looks at his time spent as Army Airborne Ranger, boxer, helicopter pilot.

“You know what Waylon Jennings said about guys like him?” he whispered.

I shook my head.

“They’re doin’ to country music what pantyhose did to finger-fuckin’.”

• Like 1

Tens of thousands die because of the politics of gun control.

Children drowning trying to cross the border.

Hundreds of thousands die because masks and vaccines were exploited as a political tool.

But all of a sudden politics is supposed to stop at the water's edge because of the unthinkable tragedy that a rich 60 year old white guy got cancer? The same guy who used those very issues to make millions by being the court jester for Y'all Qaeda? 

Nope.

michael-keaton.gif

• Halal 4

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

As someone who actually studies presidential history, I cannot tell you just how wrong you are. History is far from finished judging him, but it’s not pretty thus far. 

And as far as Toby Keith goes, cancer sucks and I didn’t wish it on him, but fuck his politics and getting rich off leaning into that hateful toxic brand. 

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Anyways, since this is about Toby Keith:

And my favorite story involving Keith:

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Kris Kristofferson has been in more than 70 films; Ethan Hawke looks at his time spent as Army Airborne Ranger, boxer, helicopter pilot.

Kris Kristofferson is a legend. Badass singer AND actor.