Our ideas for Zelda…

gamer.tv

I’ve mulled over what I’d like to see for the next game and have two strands:

Idea One

Traditional Zelda approach (iterative items, metroidvania) but use the concept from Link Between Worlds and have items available to rent on completion of side quests and main line quests to earn money. I’d even be OK with it using the style of Links Awakening (remake) which I loved. This would be a quick turn around for Zelda and could well be farmed out to

Capcom/Namco etc

Idea Two

In a similar vibe to modern Zelda, have a few key powers that can be employed: sword, shield, and bow (no degradation please) and focus on a more story-heavy, full VO experience. Puzzles (Dungeons, Temples, Caves) that use the more limited powers and weapons to solve but have a large ‘scope’.

Both would work for me and I would be happy for both to be released with the matter being what I want from the next main game - marrying of the old and the new. 

My “wants”

Employ the same general design of the last 2 games. Just a couple of tweaks:

-add “proper” dungeons

-set the game “During” the apocalypse. Zelda and “Souls” games are always after the tragedy has happened.. make it so im present as the evil overwhelms the land.. let me fight the unwinnable battle so I can see what is lost. 

- Have “major” events really reshape the map.. the overworld evolving as I take action is a great indicator that my success and failures are making a difference. The Arkham games excelled at this. 

1. Nemesis-style system with you fighting to turn the battle against Ganon. Large map that the enemies have total control over at first.

2. Ultimate challenges to unlock powerful abilities.

3. Arena survival combat for post-game.

4. Maybe rebuilding a new Zelda-led kingdom?

5. Even better customizable vehicles.

6. Giant Dungeons!

7. Unique boss fights.

I want to collect a bigger variety of different items that give you new abilities throughout again, real dungeons that have the depth of Elden Ring dungeons, just one sword that never breaks that you upgrade, traversal built around fun rather than it being a chore, actual design to the game loop, crowded towns, a story, voice acting, Link talks, still open world but smaller and more dense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stepee said:

I want to collect a bigger variety of different items that give you new abilities throughout again, real dungeons that have the depth of Elden Ring dungeons, just one sword that never breaks that you upgrade, traversal built around fun rather than it being a chore, actual design to the game loop, crowded towns, a story, voice acting, Link talks, still open world but smaller and more dense.

Basically this. 

I would love to have a multiverse version of the Legend of Zelda that, through the course of the adventure, takes you to each and every different art style/playstyle of the series over the years. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to figure out a plot to compliment that mechanic and it would serve as a real nice retrospective for the series *IF* it landed in 2026, which I believe would mark 40 years of Legend of Zelda(Japanese release). 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Yeah.

Obviously that will never happen you pervert. 

Looks like they are just doing another open world Zelda so all of these ideas will never happen. I definitely enjoyed BOTW more than TOTK because of the non-stop puzzle solving that TOTK had. It got overwhelming for me. So hopefully the next one isn't like that. 

• Haha 2