Happy Thanksgiving EVERYONE!

HardAct

I'd like to wish EVERYONE a very happy Thanksgiving! I truly hope you all remain safe both yourselves and your loved ones and friends!! A lot of people are so much less fortunate than most of us in general and I'm so grateful for those around me/us especially the last 4-5years! What an eye opener our family has had and only by leaning HARD on family and loved ones were we able to get to where we are now. I know this is a "THANKS DAD" read. . .but I mean it. I am so much more intune to the hardships and suffering that so much of our world endures daily, things that before I would have not given a second thought. I to be honest have in the past kinda dreaded the Thanksgiving mass gathering, talking about absolutely nothing, stuffing ourselves and the boredom that ensues. Now/today I'm excited to go talk about nothing for hours on end. enjoy some great food and most of all be surrounded by my family! I'm hoping that you all are surrounded today by some one, anyone that you truly care about and have a Wonderful THANKSGIVING!!!

• Like 2
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 6

My family almost made it through Thanksgiving without any political talk. We made it to the last quarter. And within 5 minutes, it went from the BLM corruption, to Trump, to abortion, to my Uncle leaving very abruptly without saying good bye to anyone.

And it was strange because, for years (since my grandma passed), everyone tried and successfully, stayed away from political conversations during family gatherings. I don't even know how it spiraled so fast tonight. I even tried to interject with a joke, letting them know that the news said to stay away from this type of conversation during the holidays, but the ship had sailed. 

But up until that last hour, we had a very nice time.

• Shocked 1

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

We hosted for the first time in a while, and I remembered just how fucking exhausting prepping Thanksgiving dinner could be. And all I did was cook the turkey, squash, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and make a dessert. Everyone else brought the rest. I don't know how the hell my mom cooked an entire meal in a tiny ass kitchen all by herself, year after year.

12 hours ago, Derek said:

My family almost made it through Thanksgiving without any political talk. We made it to the last quarter. And within 5 minutes, it went from the BLM corruption, to Trump, to abortion, to my Uncle leaving very abruptly without saying good bye to anyone.

And it was strange because, for years (since my grandma passed), everyone tried and successfully, stayed away from political conversations during family gatherings. I don't even know how it spiraled so fast tonight. I even tried to interject with a joke, letting them know that the news said to stay away from this type of conversation during the holidays, but the ship had sailed. 

But up until that last hour, we had a very nice time.

That's exactly when you bring up the fact that you identify as "they/them" now. TEST THE LIMITS OF YOUR FAMILY'S LOVE