I was just fired

best3444

I missed too many days without leave so they officially fired me about 2 hours ago.

Just when I am getting bankruptcy and was starting to save. I will reapply to the State because I put in 16 years. I'm in shock right now and not fully grasping what's going on.

Thanks @Biggie for supporting me through this. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 13

27 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Yup, No loyalty. At the end of the day we are just numbers. I wish more people understood this instead of killing themselves for a faceless corporation. 

Absolutely, that was my experience at a Fortune 500 company.

December 2017, signed an extension to my international employee contract -- that guaranteed me 5-years of salary upon my return to Canada, even if there was no appropriate job.

December 2018, received a performance  review putting me in top 15% of my related work group, they extended my visa for 2 years.

March 2019, received 130% of bonus.

May 2019.  Got made redundant, given 6 weeks to leave the country with none of the typical assistance upon returning.  (They had the gall to tell me that I shouldn't have sold the house, that they bought from me.)

TLDR; you can't rely on big corporations to treat you as more than a number.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I had a state job for 16 years so technically yes, I was employed by the state of Pennsylvania. 

I'm really quite surprised that a termination action for a government job could occur so quickly and without apparently a warning of some sort.

I'm well and truly sorry for you :(

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm really quite surprised that a termination action for a government job could occur so quickly and without apparently a warning of some sort.

I'm well and truly sorry for you :(

I mentioned above I had warnings. There was an active investigation and I had a big meeting about this two weeks ago. I plead my case but that wasn't good enough. Yes...this is devastating. 

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

Sorry man, that sucks. If you're able, it might be worth checking with a lawyer. Obviously we don't have all the details, but terminating someone who was struggling with a mental health episode but who is now on the mend seems shady as hell. 

This. I would talk to a lawyer also 

30 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Warnings in this instance are stupid. Warning, "you better stop grieving and get your mind together otherwise you'll get fired" - Huh? Complete BS. I'm with the lawyering up camp. This is like firing a disabled person because they are disabled.

This is your third and final warning. Get out of that wheel chair and learn to walk or you’re fired. 

• Haha 3