Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series | Autumn 2025) - update (05/16): Take-Two earnings statement indicates Autumn 2025 release

Commissar SFLUFAN

On 12/5/2023 at 10:07 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, Rockstar controls are okay. I don’t complain about them as much as some people. But that was also part of the reason I gave up on RDR2. 

Same. Beautiful game but good lawd them frozen syrup controls. I would end up losing the fight with the controls after 30-40 minutes and play Sekiro or wash dishes or something

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Same. Beautiful game but good lawd them frozen syrup controls. I would end up losing the fight with the controls after 30-40 minutes and play Sekiro or wash dishes or something

I agree. I litteraly was playing RDR2 today on my Series X and they definitely need to improve the controls. Arthur moves extremely realistic but at what cost to fun gameplay. We shall see with GTA6. I bet they fixed them. 

11 hours ago, best3444 said:

tl;dr anyone?

It's rendered at 1440p or lower -- not 4k.

They think it uses Ray Tracing Global Illumination (sure makes the car paint look great)

It probably uses Ray Traced Reflections (but not always)

Shadows and hair are really impressive.

Probably won't be 60fps

They think the final version will probably be for the Playstation 7 Pro

They think there are more RTX-3080s than XSeXs, so they think RS is being cynical for not releasing on PC D1

• Shocked 1

WWW.IGN.COM

After being seemingly referenced in this week’s Grand Theft Auto 6 first trailer, Lawrence Sullivan – aka “Florida Joker” – has responded, telling Rockstar “we gotta talk.”

After being seemingly referenced in this week’s Grand Theft Auto 6 first trailer, Lawrence Sullivan – aka “Florida Joker” – has responded, telling Rockstar “we gotta talk.”

“You know they got that character with the face tattoos, you know who they got that inspired by? By me,” he said. “Just look me up, Florida Joker. You know what I’m talking about.”

“GTA, we gotta talk,” he concluded.

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

They think it uses Ray Tracing Global Illumination (sure makes the car paint look great)

Probably won't be 60fps

They think there are more RTX-3080s than XSeXs, so they think RS is being cynical for not releasing on PC D1

So the final version won't be released until 2040? 

24 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.IGN.COM

If Lindsay Lohan couldn’t win her GTA V case, I don’t think this chump will get anywhere.

• True 1

8 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Probably won't be 60fps

What's the "final version" mean?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I truly don't understand why anyone would say RDR2 is a big disappointment. I'm currently playing it and it's a complete an utter masterpiece. 10/10 kinda game and easily in my top 10 ever. GTA6 will be fuckin ridiculous. 

1 example.  For me the combat was: autoaim with the trigger, tap aim slightly up, fire, get headshot.  Repeat.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I truly don't understand why anyone would say RDR2 is a big disappointment. I'm currently playing it and it's a complete an utter masterpiece. 10/10 kinda game and easily in my top 10 ever. GTA6 will be fuckin ridiculous. 

Because its the definition of ASS

I can agree the controls are a bit ass and sometimes some truly annoying shit happens but man it's just such a great world overall. The details are amazing, and its just easy for me to get lost in the world and the general setting. 

I would say Rockstar and Bethesda are about in the same category with maybe CDPR being the only real competition in that both make great worlds that others just can't recreate, with unfortunately not always the best controls and gameplay. But they both shine in giving you a world with a lot of freedom to do whatever you want with, with gameplay/controls being the limitations. IF you can't get into these game because of that I understand. But in general, these games work for me. 

• Hype 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You're in the minority thinking that. Sure, the few people here hate it too minus my boy @Dodger but it's universally praised and deservingly so. Arthur Morgan is one of the best gaming characters too. 

Grand Theft Auto is so much better. And there are lots of people who hate Red Dead. Just because you and Dodger like ass games don't assume everyone does.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I haven't played it since launch, but my recollection is that RDR2 was more impressive than fun. If you're enjoying it, all the more power to you. It's an amazing experience in many respects, I just wish they'd put as much attention to gameplay and mechanics as they did into building the world.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just checked out the reviews for RDR2 and it sits at 96. I rest my case. 

Reviews lol. Fuck reviews. I have eyes and I’ve played it. It’s ass. Your opinion is ass. Now shut your whore mouth you cowboy loving bitch. 

Bet you thought I’d say just kidding down here but no I’m doubling down. Fuck you. 

LOL. Just kidding Merry Christmas 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I truly don't understand why anyone would say RDR2 is a big disappointment. I'm currently playing it and it's a complete an utter masterpiece. 10/10 kinda game and easily in my top 10 ever.

It wasn’t a big disappointment for me, but I didn’t like it as much as the first game. The story and characters were pretty good and it looked good too, but I just found it kind of boring to play with sluggish character controls, basic shooting mechanics and repetitive mission types.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

I can agree the controls are a bit ass and sometimes some truly annoying shit happens but man it's just such a great world overall. The details are amazing, and its just easy for me to get lost in the world and the general setting. 

I would say Rockstar and Bethesda are about in the same category with maybe CDPR being the only real competition in that both make great worlds that others just can't recreate, with unfortunately not always the best controls and gameplay. But they both shine in giving you a world with a lot of freedom to do whatever you want with, with gameplay/controls being the limitations. IF you can't get into these game because of that I understand. But in general, these games work for me. 

Yes the world building by Rockstar is second to none.  The controls and combat are awful.

I still play them, because of the world building.  But, all the time I am continually frustrated by how they could be so much better as a game.

• Halal 1