Kick-Ass reboot

During an interview at New York Comic-Con, Vaughn told Lovitt: "This reboot is on a level that is like... I'll probably get sued. It's like nothing we've seen. We thought about Kick-Ass, we're asking do we bring back the characters for Kick-Ass 3, and maybe one day we'll do a Kick-Ass 3 with the characters, but that world needs to be reignited so it can't be Kick-Ass without it kicking ass, and making people go 'What was that about?'"

Vaughn elaborated, saying that he's written something so "f*cking crazy" that he may actually face literal litigation over it, a tantalizing prospect for those of us out there who enjoy boundary-breaking creative violence. Vaughn did note an official announcement on the project wouldn't follow until 2024, after his next unnamed project which begins production next week.

• Guillotine 1

Mark Millar is in the middle of doing a huge crossover with most of his comic creations right now... Kick Ass, Kingsmen, Wanted, Chrononaughts, Night Club, Nemesis and The Magic Order amongst others, so I'm not surprised they're trying to ressurect his TV and movie stuff. Problem is a he's KILLING all of his characters so far :p Not sure whose gonna be left by the time this crossover is done.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Mark Millar is in the middle of doing a huge crossover with most of his comic creations right now... Kick Ass, Kingsmen, Wanted, Chrononaughts, Night Club, Nemesis and The Magic Order amongst others, so I'm not surprised they're trying to ressurect his TV amd movie stuff. Problem is a he's KILLING all of his characters so far :p Not sure whose gonna be left by the time this crossover is done.

I knew I wasn't the only one in the know about this!!! That crossover is freaking BONKERS too! If we can get Nemesis on film atop of everything else, this would be sensational. I am curious however, wasn't Mark talking about a deal w/ Netflix for his properties like within the last year?

2 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

. I am curious however, wasn't Mark talking about a deal w/ Netflix for his properties like within the last year?

They already have the deal. Jupiter's Legacy aired and was cancelled and Supercrooks anime aired as well. Interestingly, so far neither of these properties have been part of this crossover so far.