My favorite part of working weddings...

Fizzzzle

... Is watching people dance who don't know how to dance.

It might sound like I'm making fun of them. I'm not. I fucking love it when I see some awkward white guy just be like "fuck you, I'm cutting a rug whether you like it or not" and he starts just flailing about like a beached dolphin. It's a supreme display of confidence that I can only aspire to.

The thing is also that people respond to it. You want to get a room full of people dancing? Just get an awkward white guy to start imitating the mating ritual of a jellyfish in the middle of the dance floor and everyones day just got 10x more fun.

Point being... Be that guy, at least once in your life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I once attempted break dancing at a wedding. The results were amazing! I lost my pants to massive rip in them during an a successful split! Toward the end of that madness, I was manually spun by several wedding goers while I turtled on my back! I was an alabaster awkward god for those precious few minutes... :sun:

Something I learned young is that if you are confident and willing to use that confidence to play the fool, it puts social groups at ease because they either love you for it or they love laughing with others at you, either way, the good flow starts happening! 

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I never danced at a wedding and never will. Especially since I'm sober. 

If people knew how fucking stupid they looked while dancing they would never do it. Watch a video of people dancing but put it on mute. My god it’s horrible and cringe. 

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

If people knew how fucking stupid they looked while dancing they would never do it. Watch a video of people dancing but put it on mute. My god it’s horrible and cringe. 

It's completely embarrassing. There were times I could have danced and I absolutely turned it down. I would like to see vic break dance though lol. 

I VERY rarely dance despite regularly going to bars and clubs since high school. Every woman I ever dated takes it as a personal challenge to get me on the dance floor :p I have to be REAL tipsy to go out and dance but I'm told when I do I'm actually not bad... "See you have rhythym!" one girlfriend told me after I started dancing with her at a bar once. I dunno why I get so self conscious when I dance, might be because I grew up around people who could REALLY dance including two of my sisters and my best friend growing up. That dude can dance his ass off.