Red Dead Redemption 1 on the PlayStation 5 is officially running at 60 FPS with new update

best3444

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Unless something new has happened, you need a jailbroken PS5 to use a fan mod to get 60FPS on the PS5.

I googled if Red Dead Redemption 2 is playable on PS5 and it litteraly reads:

"Red Dead Redemption 2 can now be played on the PlayStation 5 at 60 FPS".

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I googled if Red Dead Redemption 2 is playable on PS5 and it litteraly reads:

"Red Dead Redemption 2 can now be played on the PlayStation 5 at 60 FPS".

You needed to read the actual articles in the search results.

Red Dead Redemption 2 can now be played on the PlayStation 5 at 60 FPS. A modder by the X (formerly Twitter) handle @illusion0002, has shared a gameplay video of Red Dead Redemption 2 being played on the PS5, running at 60 FPS.

The modder illusion0002 however does mention that they were using a hacked PlayStation 5 of firmware 3.00-4.51.

• Haha 1

Much more exciting than this though is I realized that the switch version of RDR1 means you can now easily emulate it on pc at 4k/60 now. Closest to a pc port we will ever get. I’ll have to get that set up sometime, but will wait for them to really get it perfect first. I know you could do the 360 version but this should run way better for most people and is easier to set up.

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You needed to read the actual articles in the search results.

No article came up when I searched it. It just read what I posted. Ok, that's disappointing but maybe we will get a remaster down the road. Sorry for the thread lol. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm assuming it can be played at 30fps like the PS4 version? Is that another stupid question from me? :angry-fap-small:

It will run on the ps4 pro settings, so 1440p/30fps. If I recall you already have the game on Xbox so on your Series X it would run at 4k/30 like on the Xbox One X, and I think have improved AF as well.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

It will run on the ps4 pro settings, so 1440p/30fps. If I recall you already have the game on Xbox so on your Series X it would run at 4k/30 like on the Xbox One X, and I think have improved AF as well.

Yea, I totally forgot I played that on Xbox and not PS4 pro. Thanks because I may replay this very soon. 

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

30? 30?? 30?!!!! Those are unacceptable fps. 

15 hours ago, Dodger said:

Just hit 50% on my current play through with 58 challenges done. Soon to be 60. Definitely won’t be done before Starfield

Are you playing on the Series X or PS5? Is this your first playthrough? I love this game so fuckin much.