Red Dead Redemption 1 on the PlayStation 5 is officially running at 60 FPS with new update

best3444

3 hours ago, stepee said:

:(

Man. I played from 9am until just now (5am).

With my first gametime dack in 2016 I came in with a little bit overtime and that would that fine by me.

Anytime my time with game with this its been absolutely ridiculous. It is  extremely authentic, and realistic.

The controls are smooth in gunplay, the character model's are beve and incredible.

The game keeps you extremely focused and more importantly every new encounter your with this game you easily tell this game was built on the PlayStation 5 and XSX. The drawstance is incredible with absolutely no pop up to been see. It's simply a marble with a stunning environments to search.

The characters and voice acting is Hollywood quality and this definitely a 10 for me at its reecen state.

I'm completely floored with the game and those on the fence about, definitely get it. It's a tremendous achievement. I have been must have been on drugs with this initial release.

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Man. I played from 9am until just now (5am).

With my first gametime dack in 2016 I came in with attitude it would just be ok.

Anytime my time with game with this its been absolutely ridiculous. It is  extremely authentic, and realistic.

The controls are smooth in gunplay, the character model's are beve and incredible.

The game keeps you extremely focused and more importantly every new encounter your with this game you easily tell this game was built on the PlayStation 5 and XSX. The drawstance is incredible with absolutely no pop up to been see. It's simply a marble with a stunning environments to search.

The characters and voice acting is Hollywood quality and this definitely a 10 for me at its reecen state.

I'm completely floored with the game and those on the fence about, definitely get it. It's a tremendous achievement. I have been must have been on drugs with this initial release.

Are You Okay Rose Mciver GIF by CBS

• Hugs 1

Played 3 more hours today. No fuckin way this released on PS4. It looks as good and even better than next gen games. MINUS the facial detail which still isn't bad at all. 

The shooting mechanics are perfectly fine for me as you tap the left trigger and immediately aim a bit higher with the right control stick. Head shots every time. 

The horse controls are phenomenal and the gaming world is full of wildlife to hunt...it's on another fuckin level. 10/10 game and I may have a difficult time starting up Starfield this Friday. 

@stepee sorry for dragging you into this thread, but I wanted to comment on something.

When I booted up RDR2 on my Series X it immediately prompted me to really adjust the visual components which never happened to me before. So after that was finished, when I played RDR 2 is litteraly popped off the screen. So now both my Series X and PS5 look identical in image quality. Just in time for Starfield. 

20 hours ago, best3444 said:

@stepee sorry for dragging you into this thread, but I wanted to comment on something.

When I booted up RDR2 on my Series X it immediately prompted me to really adjust the visual components which never happened to me before. So after that was finished, when I played RDR 2 is litteraly popped off the screen. So now both my Series X and PS5 look identical in image quality. Just in time for Starfield. 

Not sure why it popped up now, but maybe it was just for that game. Sounds like it had you adjust the hdr contrast setting. If it’s not globally adjusted now, every game will have hdr settings in options you can adjust case by case to get them right.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Not sure why it popped up now, but maybe it was just for that game. Sounds like it had you adjust the hdr contrast setting. If it’s not globally adjusted now, every game will have hdr settings in options you can adjust case by case to get them right.

No, it had me calibrate HDR but also something else which I can't think of for the life of me. It made not only RD2 fuckin pop but my Xbox dashboard as well. 

If you remember, that all looked washed out but now it's as vivid as my PS5. It's awesome. 

RDR2 is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played. I think I'm putting it in my top 5 of all-time. It's got the the most realistic gaming world I've ever seen, incredible AI, incredible visuals that looks next gen, incredible characters and voice acting, and the gun play is an utter blast. 

I'm playing this and Starfield. 

On 8/30/2023 at 4:18 PM, best3444 said:

RDR2 is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played. I think I'm putting it in my top 5 of all-time. It's got the the most realistic gaming world I've ever seen, incredible AI, incredible visuals that looks next gen, incredible characters and voice acting, and the gun play is an utter blast. 

I'm playing this and Starfield. 

After playing Starfield for 12 hours RDR2 not only looks WAY better but its a better game, too. Rockstar is absolutely insane and they created something truly special here. I know you guys hate it but I just wanted to bring this to your attention after playing  a "next-gen" game. Christ, RDR2 is a 5 year old game lol. 

9 hours ago, Dodger said:

I don’t think anyone doubts how impressive the world of RDR2 is. It’s just some can’t get passed the clunky controls. At this point Rockstar are definitely in a class of their own for open world world building.

I actually find the controls pretty darn good. I'm pretty biased though. I had to fully stop playing this though because Starfield has its hooks in me big time.

• Sad 1

I’m mostly fine with the controls. Sometimes some weird shit happens but for the most part it’s good. I too have put this on hold. My save file is at like 55% complete in ch 4 with like 67 of the challenges done. But I’d like to get the wildlife exhibit quest done before ch 5 but I can’t get a perfect woodpecker to spawn. Honestly this is the shit that gets frustrating. Rest of the game I’ve been having a blast with.

• Halal 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm pretty sure the new 60fps patch for PS5 to play Red Dead Redemption 1 via backwards compatibility is what the thread title meant? Probably should say RDR1 and not RDR2. 

No, I mean Red Dead Redemption 2. I misread an article claiming in was 60fps back when I originally created this thread. Then this morning I read with patch 1.03 Red Dead Redemption 2 is now 4K 60fps on PS5. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

No, I mean Red Dead Redemption 2. I misread an article claiming in was 60fps back when I originally created this thread. Then this morning I read with patch 1.03 Red Dead Redemption 2 is now 4K 60fps on PS5. 

Well strangely enough that same patch now allows you to play RDR1 in 60fps on PS5, so I guess it's both games. :p 

Edit: It's not both games, just RDR1. 

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Rockstar has quietly added a 60fps toggle to Red Dead Redemption on PlayStation 5. The version 1.03 update is now avail…

• Thanks 1

Hopefully something will hit Xbox soon. I want to get back to my playthrough, but so much good stuff going around. Also trying to do the hunting for the wildlife exhibition and exotics quests, and uh fuck that. Maybe I should just skip it because this is where the game stops being fun. For me anyway.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

To be clear, RDR2 via BC on ps5 is still 30fps (unless you have a hacked ps5), that game is on patch 1.31 or so which was released a year ago. As @Greatoneshere said, the recent last gen release of RDR1 is what just received a new patch 1.03 which allows it to run at 60fps via BC on ps5. 

Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

To be clear, RDR2 via BC on ps5 is still 30fps (unless you have a hacked ps5), that game is on patch 1.31 or so which was released a year ago. As @Greatoneshere said, the recent last gen release of RDR1 is what just received a new patch 1.03 which allows it to run at 60fps via BC on ps5. 

This is what I thought. The thread title needs to be updated to either say RDR2 is still at 30fps on PS5 or to say that RDR1 is now at 60fps on PS5. One or the other, current OP title is incorrect.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

This is what I thought. The thread title needs to be updated to either say RDR2 is still at 30fps on PS5 or to say that RDR1 is now at 60fps on PS5. One or the other, current OP title is incorrect.

I'll change it. Thanks to you and stepee for clearing this mess up. 

• Halal 1

• best3444 changed the title to Red Dead Redemption 1 on the PlayStation 5 is officially running at 60 FPS with new update
1 minute ago, stepee said:

This to me is actually more important than RDR2 at 60fps as console, as a pretty reasonable pc can do that nowadays. RDR1 had no way at all beyond emulation to play at 60fps until this patch.

Didn't know that. It's all good then.