You're forced to accept that an afterlife exists: which religion would you prefer to be right?

Fizzzzle

I find it hard to argue with Buddhism. Like, you keep getting recycled into new lives until you finally live a good one, and what's the reward? You get to escape the cycle of life and death. Results are unclear what happens after that, but I think the key word is "escape." To me, that means you finally cease to exist.

All of the other afterlives are so concerned with eternity. I find nothing so terrifying as the concept of eternity. If I graduated to Heaven, do I get to decide to nope out whenever I want? Like, after 200 years of whatever Heaven is, can I just say "okay, God, I'm starting to feel like this is getting old, can I just go to sleep now? ... Forever?" Something tells me that wouldn't fly.

Same with Norse religion. Your reward for dying in battle is to live forever in Valhalla in constant feast and battle, but you can never die again, at least permanently.

A lot of the old pagan religions have afterlives where you're just like... Chillin'. I don't know, in a cave somewhere. Nothing really to do, just hangin' out.

Just take Buddhism and make it so the escape is returning back to the beginning of your cycle and it repeats for eternity so you never have to face nothingness and at the same time you never have to worry about the existential terror of eternity as you never truly know that you are eternal  

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean you do keep gettin better lives, some of them might be rly kewl

I want to see the future and live forever as me in "mind and soul". I don't need to have the same body, but I want a mostly fleshy one that sticks to my preferred traits.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I mean you do keep gettin better lives, some of them might be rly kewl

I was under the impression you only keep getting better lives IF you did good in your previous life. If you were a piece of shit in your previous life you get reincarnated as a snail or something.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was under the impression you only keep getting better lives IF you did good in your previous life. If you were a piece of shit in your previous life you get reincarnated as a snail or something.

oh so you’re saying Bacon is a piece of shit

My "Karma" is very poor. Not that I have done bad things, but there is nothing worse than having 0 karma and that's where I sit. The thing that would read me like a character sheet would just throw me away instead of rewarding me or punishing me.

I mean you were previously EVILfriedBacon, you kill Druids. You've got some work to do.

Funny I google that name and this is the first thread that comes up

WWW.IGNBOARDS.COM

It is almost like a different show. The colors are too bight, the characters look different, and the attitudes of most of the people seem different. Why is season 2 so different?

I'm not religious anymore but I do believe in some sort of afterlife that humans cannot comprehend. Comprehension in that "eternity" isn't exactly what we think maybe. I absolutely do not believe that we simply don't exist after we die. We have souls that live on. Just my opinion which isn't popular on this board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm not religious anymore but I do believe in some sort of afterlife that humans cannot comprehend. Comprehension in that "eternity" isn't exactly what we think maybe. I absolutely do not believe that we simply don't exist after we die. We have souls that live on. Just my opinion which isn't popular on this board. 

The board can…

Jesus Reaction GIF