Kinda weird that a lot of people don't like Cottage Cheese.

Bacon

20 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Listen, this is NOT a pizza thread. This is a delicious cottage cottage thread.

Hide contents

But it's the whole reason I don't like pineapple on pizza.

Try pineapple with cottage cheese sometime. It has to be the shitty canned pineapple, too.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Try pineapple with cottage cheese sometime. It has to be the shitty canned pineapple, too.

I would, just for you, but I can't imagine there ever being a time when I have both canned pineapple and cottage cheese. I am not a canned pineapple fan so it would only happen somewhere not at home. Love me some canned peaches and pears tho.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like @Bacon isn't a cheese on apple pie type of guy.

I'm not even a pie guy. Not a fan of baked fruit either.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Derek said:

I really want to like it. I'll try a spoonful 2 or 3 times a year, thinking 'I'm going to like it this time', but alas, I never do.

What about it do you not like? To me, it is sweet milky cheese almost similar to the taste of mozzarella but without any of mozzarella's features. It doesn't really taste like mozzarella, but it is the closest similar-tasting thing in my mind and I've seen it used in conjunction with mozzarella. Maybe it's like a yogurty cheese.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

What about it do you not like? To me, it is sweet milky cheese almost similar to the taste of mozzarella but without any of mozzarella's features. It doesn't really taste like mozzarella, but it is the closest similar-tasting thing in my mind and I've seen it used in conjunction with mozzarella. Maybe it's like a yogurty cheese.

Yeah. I don't even really know. I love almost everything cheese related, minus Blue Cheese and that's why I keep going back to try it. 

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yup, I agree. What's it taste like? I imagine sour cream with texture.

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

it is sweet milky cheese almost similar to the taste of mozzarella but without any of mozzarella's features. It doesn't really taste like mozzarella, but it is the closest similar-tasting thing in my mind and I've seen it used in conjunction with mozzarella. Maybe it's like a yogurty cheese.

• Thanks 1

After googling, people say it tastes salty and sour. I don't really think it is sour or saltier than any other cheese. At least if you are eating something like Daisy brand cottage cheese or a store brand. I get whole milk(4%) cottage cheese. A lot of pictures online will show this super dry stuff. Again, people say it smells like sour milk and I really don't agree.

You see a lot of this

can-you-freeze-cottage-cheese-720x720.jp

but it looks actually like this

Cottage-Cheese.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 11:17 AM, Bacon said:

Never had the dry stuff. Never even seen it IRL. I'd try it for sure, but I wouldn't get it regularly since you need the wet kind for mac n cottage cheese.

You have to dip potato chips in it. Also Doritos. Just get a glob of cottage cheese on that chip & enjoy. Soooo good. Change yo life. 

1 minute ago, TheRealSmallville said:

You have to dip potato chips in it. Also Doritos. Just get a glob of cottage cheese on that chip & enjoy. Soooo good. Change yo life. 

I have cottage cheese and doritios

brb

4 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Eh, wasn't a fan. Not bad, but unnecessary. Due to the onion powder in Doritos and the creaminess of the cottage cheese, it felt more like I was eating chips and french onion dip. Which I like, but I've never been a fan of the cheesy flavor combined with the onion flavor.

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Eh, wasn't a fan. Not bad, but unnecessary. Due to the onion powder in Doritos and the creaminess of the cottage cheese, it felt more like I was eating chips and french onion dip. Which I like, but I've never been a fan of the cheesy flavor combined with the onion flavor.

Ah, I getcha. Well hey, at least you gave it a shot! 

Before you give up on the idea entirely, try it with Ruffles potato chips sometime. I prefer it over Doritos.