July 20 - 23: San Diego Comic-Con
Aug 10 - 13: QuakeCon 
Aug 11: THQ Nordic
Aug 23 - 27: GamesCom
Sept: Nintendo Live
Sept: Pax West
Sept 24 - 27: Tokyo Game Show
Dec 8: The Game Awards

Sony, Xbox, and Nintendo are easy watches. I will probably skip Geoff’s shows unless I am bored. 

8 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Not really sure what I'm expecting from most of these, but I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of Starfield.

I suppose I want to know what Nintendo has in store post Zelda.

Switch was revealed in October 2016. It’s time. Switch 2 will be announced in September 2023. 
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Switch was revealed in October 2016. It’s time. Switch 2 will be announced in September 2023. 
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I remain dubious as to when we'll actually see a Switch 2, but I'm sure that Zelda is going to make me wish for one.

4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I remain dubious as to when we'll actually see a Switch 2, but I'm sure that Zelda is going to make me wish for one.

With how far advanced Switch emulation is I think they need to move to newer hardware ASAP.

10 hours ago, Brian said:

Sony, Xbox, and Nintendo are easy watches. I will probably skip Geoff’s shows unless I am bored. 

With E3 proper fizzling out, I'd imagine a lot of publishers came running to him.  I think it'll be worth checking out.  Or at the very least the game impressions from their demo event.

5 hours ago, Brian said:
Switch-OLED-Pokemon-Scarlet-Violet-2560x
T.CO

Console sales declined by 22% in the year ended March 31; Company forecasts further 16.5%

I don't really think that their article or its source support that headline. Nintendo expects to sell fewer Switches this year, and that number is specifically ignoring any new hardware. So even if Nintendo did expect to launch a new gen console, or even another variation on the existing Switch, it wouldn't be factored into that number.

I still don't expect we'll get new hardware this year, but the fact that Switch sales are slowing down considerably seems like incentive for Nintendo to move forward.

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I don't really think that their article or its source support that headline. Nintendo expects to sell fewer Switches this year, and that number is specifically ignoring any new hardware. So even if Nintendo did expect to launch a new gen console, or even another variation on the existing Switch, it wouldn't be factored into that number.

I still don't expect we'll get new hardware this year, but the fact that Switch sales are slowing down considerably seems like incentive for Nintendo to move forward.

Nintendo was always going to wait until sales slowed down. However, even if a Switch 2 is destined for early 2024, we wouldn't be getting an announcement this year. No way does Nintendo make an announcement that might eat into Switch sales this holiday. Either they launch in time for Christmas or it's an early 2024 announcement with a release date the same year.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

PZAYot6.png

mSYRyaD.png

This should be Microsoft's year.  A little odd to tout no CG, when CG announcements are historically part of their playbook.  But more importantly this means the games are ready to be shown.

After that completely out of touch Sony showcase, the bad reception to Microsoft's show last year and the Redfall bomb they need to hit this one out of the park. They also aren't limiting themselves to games that are supposed to be out in the next 12 months (worked so great for them last time wonder why they would change that :lol:). This should be the best showcase we have seen in some time!

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I mean, if Forza Motorsport and Starfield aren't ready to have gameplay shown this far after their original release windows, MS has bigger problems than most people think.

Those are givens.  This is more exciting news for everything else (1st party) that's being shown.

e715d46d358e926828c3f8467fa2c78d78347d37
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Guerrilla Collective is a digital games showcase to reveal fresh announcements, trailers, gameplay, a Steam event page for wishlist, demos, game ordering, and more – bringing together many of the hottest developers and publishers from around the world! June 11th & June 13th 2022.

Starts at 9am pst tomorrow, in case you want an indie kickoff.