Oklahoma bans thirteen "woke" banks from doing business with the state

blackrock-protest.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXBUSINESS.COM

Oklahoma announced sweeping actions to ban 13 prominent financial institutions from doing business in the state after an internal review found the companies engage in energy boycotts.

Oklahoma is taking action Wednesday to ban 13 major financial institutions from doing business with the state after a review determined the banks engaged in energy boycotts.

"The energy sector is crucial to Oklahoma's economy, providing jobs for our residents and helping drive economic growth," Russ said in a statement. "It is essential for us to work with financial institutions that are focused on free-market principles and not beholden to social goals that override their fiduciary duties."

The ban impacts some of the largest asset managers and banks in the country including BlackRock, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and State Street. BlackRock alone reported in April that it has a staggering $9.1 trillion in assets under management.

Basically these banks have moved away from oil and gas investments...so the state is banning them from doing any state-related business (doesn't affect private relationships/customers).

• Guillotine 1

lolololololololololololololololololololololol

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Oklahoma bans thirteen "woke" banks from doing business with the state
3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

People don't seem to really understand how fast energy is moving, theres 4 solar farms in my area that didn't exist 5 years ago, with at least 1 more going up in my immediate area, and this is happening all across the country.

Texas currently leads the way with 1/3rd of all electrical generation as renewables. You can get renewable only electric plans nowadays for almost identical pricing to mixed source plans. It’s just going to keep moving that direction. All the fossil giants are invested in renewables too because they know where things are headed.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Texas currently leads the way with 1/3rd of all electrical generation as renewables. You can get renewable only electric plans nowadays for almost identical pricing to mixed source plans. It’s just going to keep moving that direction. All the fossil giants are invested in renewables too because they know where things are headed.

I had no idea the commercial renewables had taken off so much in Texas given the residential solar rate is so low. Every time I fly into Texas I'm always amazed at how few homes have solar panels on them, compared to home in CA. A quick search says that it's mostly wind in Texas, by a pretty huge margin. According to that article Texas has ~6.5x as much wind as solar, compared to CA where solar is producing nearly double what we get from wind.

Intuitively Texas seems like a great place for both, so I was a bit surprised to see the difference.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Among the reasons that this is stupid is the continued branding of oil and gas as all energy. I doubt these banks' ESG initiatives are avoiding investing in solar or hydro.

My own state is making big inroads on green energy...

TK3FH6XIQZHMDFCYGLTDLKVGLA.jpg
WWW.CLEVELAND.COM

Law forces state to accept certain requests to drill for oil and gas in state parks.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amaz
WWW.WVXU.ORG

Butler County is one of many Ohio counties and townships banning solar farms after Ohio Senate Bill 52 gave local governments the power to reject solar farm proposals.

• Guillotine 1

16 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I had no idea the commercial renewables had taken off so much in Texas given the residential solar rate is so low. Every time I fly into Texas I'm always amazed at how few homes have solar panels on them, compared to home in CA. A quick search says that it's mostly wind in Texas, by a pretty huge margin. According to that article Texas has ~6.5x as much wind as solar, compared to CA where solar is producing nearly double what we get from wind.

Intuitively Texas seems like a great place for both, so I was a bit surprised to see the difference.

West Texas is a sea of gigantic wind farms. A lot of them get shipped in to the state via the port of Houston, so it is a very regular occurrence to see trucks or trains taking those massive blades through town on their way out west. One of the reasons that wind is going so strong here is the land leases per MWh of generation is much smaller for wind than solar.

5 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Oklahoma is also the 3rd largest state producer of wind electricity.  And last year generated 41% of their power from wind.  They ALSO are a large producer of natural gas.

One would hope that there would be a conflict between politicians who feel like they have to hit real American oil for their campaigns vs. their donors who would start to tell them "bro, that's not how we make our money anymore..."

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The electricity may one day be cheaper than transporting it on the grid. 

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

One would hope that there would be a conflict between politicians who feel like they have to hit real American oil for their campaigns vs. their donors who would start to tell them "bro, that's not how we make our money anymore..."

Bro, we’re wind/solar lobbyists. Oil is woke now!