BBC will not air episode of Attenborough's new series on UK nature because it fears backlash from right-wing politicians and chuds

4253.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Decision to make episode about natural destruction only available on iPlayer angers programme-makers

David Attenborough's final nature series is about the UK, and one episode is about the destruction of nature in the UK. The BBC will not air this episode because it fears backlash from conservative politicians and press.

Senior sources at the BBC told the Guardian that the decision was made to fend off potential critique from the political right. This week the Telegraph newspaper attacked the BBC for creating the series and for taking funding from "two charities previously criticised for their political lobbying" – the WWF and RSPB.

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Gets better. Taking Gary Lineker off the air due to criticism of the current government's refugee policy.

Actual article:

_128888483_linekergettyimages-1240021558
WWW.BBC.COM

The BBC took the decision after an impartiality row over his criticism of the government's asylum plans.

Gary Lineker has been told to step back from presenting Match of the Day until an agreement is reached on his social media use, the BBC has said.

It follows an impartiality row over comments he made criticising the government's new asylum policy.

The BBC said it considered Lineker's "recent social media activity to be a breach of our guidelines".

It added he should "keep well away from taking sides on party political issues or political controversies".

The BBC asked Lineker to step back after "extensive discussions with Gary and his team in recent days".

It "decided that he will step back from presenting Match of the Day until we've got an agreed and clear position on his use of social media", the statement said.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The modern face of white supremacy:

220px-Rishi_Sunak's_first_speech_as_Prim220px-Suella_Braverman_Official_Cabinet_

Unless I am misunderstanding your comment, and you're calling out Gary Lineker for comparing them to Nazis.

Was responding to the original post. And yes, they are agents of White Supremacy... at least the first guy is. I don't know the woman, but you could throw Nikki Haley, Clarence Thomas and Tim Scott in there too. You don't have to be "white" to buy into white supremacy. 

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

That’s it. I need to break into the movie industry for real and make the wokest shit possible just to trigger these fucking nerds.

Seriously. Fuck these nerds. Stuff them in a locker and be done with it.

Or just shut down the economy. Probably have a better shot than Hollywood.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

"But there are black police in the LAPD, how could the police be racist against Black citizens?"

I saw someone on the news try to make the point that because the officers in the Tye Nichols case were all black, it shows that the problem with police brutality isn't based on race :|

• Guillotine 2

3 hours ago, TheShader said:

This makes logical sense. Since things like climate change isn't real then there's no need to ruffle feathers by having a whole episode about it.

They make Ancient Aliens am I right?

@skillzdadirecta

paterson-shooting-w-victim-inset.jpg?qua
WWW.NBCNEWYORK.COM

Police in Paterson, New Jersey, shot and killed a man inside an apartment building after officers were called to the scene — and the person killed was a violence intervention activist...

Guy wanted to light apartment on fire is a new one. I'm leaning towards mentally disturbed individual and 5-0 escalated that because de-escalation is too cool.

10 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The modern face of white supremacy:

220px-Rishi_Sunak's_first_speech_as_Prim220px-Suella_Braverman_Official_Cabinet_

Unless I am misunderstanding your comment, and you're calling out Gary Lineker for comparing them to Nazis.

Hey you remember when the Japanese went along with the Nazis on their plan to create the perfect Aryan race

• True 1

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

I recall them having similsr ideas to being an "An Asian master race".

Recall hearing it on that youtube day by day ww2 channel.

This is what gives these movements traction, and we're seeing it now. There's never a lack of people, groups, and even nations that get convinced they're going to totes be a part of the master plan when in reality they'll be discarded with the rest of the 'undesirables' the second they're no longer useful. 

• True 2