PS5 sales surge 316% in the UK in February in further evidence of fixed supply issues

SaysWho?

Sony: overdrive-maximum-overdrive.gif

Annotation-2023-03-06-160108.png
WWW.GAMESINDUSTRY.BIZ

Xbox Series S and X sales also increased month-on-month

Xbox is up month-on-month but actually down YoY 5.3%. Switch is down 29% YoY but is much older and thus more expected.

1    Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
2    FIFA 23 (EA)
3    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
4    Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
5    NBA 2K23
6    Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
7    The Last of Us: Part 2
8    WWE 2K22 (2K Games)
9    Dead Space Remake
10    God of War Ragnarok (Sony)
11    Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)*
12    Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar)
13    Undisputed (Plaion)
14    The Last of Us: Remastered (Sony)
15    Borderlands 3 (2K Games)
16    Powerwash Simulator (Square Enix)
17    Atomic Heart (Focus Entertainment)
18    Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
19    The Last of Us: Part 1 (Sony)
20    Minecraft: Switch Edition (Mojang/Nintend)*

Congrats to the team at Avalanche, #1 for Hogwarts, a really great achievement for that team. Id kind of like them to hand off HP to someone else and let them try another WB series next because they just nailed so much of the core someone else could much more easily now take that over and Id love to see what else they can do

• Guillotine 1
  • True 1

24 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

It’s pretty wild to me that Sony has just gripped on to the “cool” console title and hasn’t let go since the botched XBO launch. 

I could be wrong but when I think of PlayStation I think global and when I think Xbox I think North America. 

56 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sega had burned folks so many times by the time Dreamcast launched their brand was just damaged. Sega CD, 32X, Game gear...

Saturn feeling AWOL on store shelves for so long being the biggest of those.

I think the Dreamcast could have done better if people saw it less as a PS2 competitor.  If Sony launched alongside the Gamecube/Xbox, Sega might have been able to try once more IMO.

As it stood, people saw a greater value in a built-in DVD player and took stock in the "emotion engine" buzzwords Sony was peddling, especially before the games were known.

14 hours ago, stepee said:

Congrats to the team at Avalanche, #1 for Hogwarts, a really great achievement for that team. Id kind of like them to hand off HP to someone else and let them try another WB series next because they just nailed so much of the core someone else could much more easily now take that over and Id love to see what else they can do

No! Let them perfect the systems they started with in this game! If it was the 3rd game or something, I’f agree, but I absolutely want them doing the sequel!

On topic, anecdotal, but im seeing both consoles on the shelves in stores when I do go into one of those awful places. I usually check that specifically, just out of curiosity.

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

I could be wrong but when I think of PlayStation I think global and when I think Xbox I think North America. 

PS is definitely the leader everywhere, but ABK could actually change that in America . Especially now that the CMA looks ready to approve the deal. And then I think Sony might end up sorry that they didn’t bargain with MS once 2024 comes and goes. In NA at least. 

Its also a bit weird, because I do believe MS when they say console sales aren’t their metric for success. I do think the proliferation of gamepass is.  That still leaves them last place for now, but owning CoD, all of Blizzard’s properties, anddall of the properties that ABJ has ignored but people want, that’s huge.

If they can get games out, anyway.

12 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Saturn feeling AWOL on store shelves for so long being the biggest of those.

I think the Dreamcast could have done better if people saw it less as a PS2 competitor.  If Sony launched alongside the Gamecube/Xbox, Sega might have been able to try once more IMO.

As it stood, people saw a greater value in a built-in DVD player and took stock in the "emotion engine" buzzwords Sony was peddling, especially before the games were known.

The hype for the PS2 was unreal too, like way beyond rational value for your dollar type stuff. 

Rumors it could launch nukes and whatnot. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

The hype for the PS2 was unreal too, like way beyond rational value for your dollar type stuff. 

Rumors it could launch nukes and whatnot. 

Countries were creating supercomputers with banks of PS2's! :jordan:

The insanity and rumours around the PS2 is one thing that I haven't thought about in so long.