‘King Of The Hill’ Revival Ordered By Hulu; Mike Judge, Greg Daniels And Original Cast Set To Return

SaysWho?

Screen-Shot-2023-01-30-at-7.43.22-PM.png
DEADLINE.COM

‘King Of The Hill’ Revival Ordered By Hulu; Original Cast Set To Return

Saladin Patterson (The Wonder Years, The Last O.G.) will join the production as executive producer and showrunner. 3 Arts’ Michael Rotenberg and Howard Klein, and Bandera Entertainment’s Dustin Davis will serve as executive producers.  

“We are all so excited to welcome back Hank, Peggy and Bobby, and to see what they have to say about the world we live in and continue the conversations we began years ago,” said Craig Erwich, president, ABC Entertainment, Hulu and Disney Branded Television Streaming Originals, in a statement. “This show has all of the perfect ingredients to meet this moment in animation at Hulu, and we’re so thankful to be having those conversations alongside this talented group.”

• Hugs 1

I think they should just be straight with the audience. Have Luanne and Lucky die in an accident of some kind rather then trying to work around Murphy and Petty being gone.

Have Hank and Peggy take in Gracie and raise them as their own. It would be the simple answer that made King of the Hill unique in it's good years. Would give the show a new dynamic, as well. They even had a thread in season 3 or 4 where they were thinking about trying for another kid.

• Hugs 1

14 hours ago, Jason said:

no

All revivals aren’t automatic no’s, this is an absolute yes.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

This show was on the air for 13 seasons??? I would have guessed 6 or 7. I really enjoy what I've seen of it which I assumed was most but I suppose I was way off.

It’s fantastic and definitely you should go back and watch the rest of the series. Might be the best animated sitcom show overall?

This is fucking sweet.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

All revivals aren’t automatic no’s, this is an absolute yes.

It’s fantastic and definitely you should go back and watch the rest of the series. Might be the best animated sitcom show overall?

This is fucking sweet.

First season is a bit rough fwiw. It's a show where once you "know" the characters, it's great.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

First season is a bit rough fwiw. It's a show where once you "know" the characters, it's great.

yeah it’s a bit rough, maybe even the first two, though it picks up at some point in s2, but then there’s like over a decade of good seasons :P

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I wonder how they will deal with Luanne’s character. I wasn’t a huge fan of the original series, but followed along every now and then. So I have no idea if this was already dealt with after Murphy’s death on the series.

She passed away after the show ended (about 6-7 months after).

On 5/3/2023 at 5:45 PM, Spork3245 said:

Apparently this is going to have a time jump from the previous run.

king-of-the-hill-nfts-1636461235149-1675
WWW.IGN.COM

King of the Hill voice actor Stephen Root (Bill Dauterive) has confirmed that the show's revival will feature a time jump to when Bobby has grown after the original series finale.

I appreciate that this is a weird question considering the show we're talking about, but wasn't there already a "continuity break" at some point in the show? I seem to remember a few of the characters and relationships changing for no real reason, so I wonder where this jump will occur from.

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I appreciate that this is a weird question considering the show we're talking about, but wasn't there already a "continuity break" at some point in the show? I seem to remember a few of the characters and relationships changing for no real reason, so I wonder where this jump will occur from.

Nope, I recently rewatched it and there were no jumps outside of Joseph coming back from summer camp “aged” as he began going through puberty (and was given a new voice actor), but that’s it in terms of changes in characters happening suddenly. Everything else was progression and continuity through episodes.

This time jump for the reboot is going to be multiple years (adult Bobby) apparently.

38 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Nope, I recently rewatched it and there were no jumps outside of Joseph coming back from summer camp “aged” as he began going through puberty (and was given a new voice actor), but that’s it in terms of changes in characters happening suddenly. Everything else was progression and continuity through episodes.

This time jump for the reboot is going to be multiple years (adult Bobby) apparently.

I could have sworn that Peggy's mom and Peggy's relationship with her changed completely at some point, and that there was other stuff like that too, like them trying to age up the characters at some point and then just stopping. But it's been a while since I watched it.

7 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I could have sworn that Peggy's mom and Peggy's relationship with her changed completely at some point, and that there was other stuff like that too, like them trying to age up the characters at some point and then just stopping. But it's been a while since I watched it.

Things progressed but it was episode to episode and slowly season to season. The only sudden one was Joseph, the rest aged maybe a year in the entire series. Peggy had an episode with her mom where they all went to Montana in one of the last two seasons but that was it: there was a retcon on their relationship leading up to that from brief mentions and phone calls in the first couple seasons.

• Halal 1