UPDATE: Biden signs Respect for Marriage Act

• SaysWho? changed the title to UPDATE: Biden signs Respect for Marriage Act
5 hours ago, unogueen said:

I heard some noises being done about that terrible law some of you have that allows disabled people to receive less than the minimum wage. Was that baiden

Competitive Integrated Employment is unfortunately pretty controversial within the disability community. Some families fear that CEI will mean the Sheltered Workshops will close without replacement and a source of daily routine (and stability for) will be lost. 

On 12/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, Jason said:
63922100a6556b001802f662?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

"I hope and pray that my colleagues will find the courage to join me in opposing this misguided and this dangerous bill," Hartzler said through tears.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sicko 3

One detail I didn't pick up about this bill, I know it for instance makes a gay marriage from New Jersey legal in Texas no matter what Texas decides to do with gay marriage once the current SCOTUS overturns Obergefell, but what does it do about pre-Obergefell-overturn gay marriages conducted in Texas once Obergefell is overturned? Is it a guarantee that your marriage is valid as long as is it was legal where and when it was conducted? I'm assuming yes but don't remember seeing this actually explicitly stated. 

• True 1

10 hours ago, Jason said:

One detail I didn't pick up about this bill, I know it for instance makes a gay marriage from New Jersey legal in Texas no matter what Texas decides to do with gay marriage once the current SCOTUS overturns Obergefell, but what does it do about pre-Obergefell-overturn gay marriages conducted in Texas once Obergefell is overturned? Is it a guarantee that your marriage is valid as long as is it was legal where and when it was conducted? I'm assuming yes but don't remember seeing this actually explicitly stated. 

Yes

21 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

LGBTQ people need to protest after all the shootings and other violence against them. Enough is enough.

Voting, or at least, voting by itself, isn't going to fix anything. Protests have been proven time and time again to be the way to make meaningful change in this country.

What I've seen is that LGBTQ people having events are also having volunteer armed security show up. So you know all the Proud Boys that show up to a drag story time armed with guns? Yeah, they're discovering that they're outnumbered by armed LGBTQ community members at some of the recent events. 

That's maybe not the ideal solution, but it's a solution. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, why does it seem as if Castletonsnob has arguments with people outside the board and then brings those arguments here? Who here is anti protesting?!

And is your name a play on castlevanianut?

We were anti the Jan 6th protest…

:troll: