Goodbye Iowa caucuses, hello South Carolina(?) primary

With the god awful fried food candidates would eat to appeal to Iowans, I always assumed that not dropping dead of a heart attack was part of vetting process. Now we’re going to see everyone eating boiled peanuts. Sure, SC has their pork bbq, but I feel like that’s more of a slow killer.

Edit: Oh, F, I just remembered SC is known for their peaches. I don’t want to see candidates sucking on a peach. NOBODY WANTS THIS

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

With the god awful fried food candidates would eat to appeal to Iowans, I always assumed that not dropping dead of a heart attack was part of vetting process. Now we’re going to see everyone eating boiled peanuts. Sure, SC has their pork bbq, but I feel like that’s more of a slow killer.

Edit: Oh, F, I just remembered SC is known for their peaches. I don’t want to see candidates sucking on a peach. NOBODY WANTS THIS

Just the thought of Ted Cruz masticating a peach makes me cry.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

The whole primary process is dumb as hell. "Oh the guy I wanted to vote for got voted out before I could vote for him." I mean it's like the general election but with more stupid rules.

I have always understood this argument, but I also think a spaced out election cycle allows people to make come backs and break out. Obama breaking out an Iowa and Biden coming back in South Carolina are both big stories in  Democratic primaries. Same with New Hampshire for McCain in 2008 and New Hampshire for Romney in 2012.

27 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I have always understood this argument, but I also think a spaced out election cycle allows people to make come backs and break out. Obama breaking out an Iowa and Biden coming back in South Carolina are both big stories in  Democratic primaries. Same with New Hampshire for McCain in 2008 and New Hampshire for Romney in 2012.

Which is why we have a power sharing agreement between copresidents Buttigieg and Sanders lol

46 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Biden coming back isn't a great example of why this is a good thing :p 

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Howard is in DC isn't it?

Close enough 

good memories 

how did I end up with the whitest Italian jersey girl 😂

I used to go to Zambia, Ghana, Kenya, Gambia. 

Now I get Bali 

Accra is an amazing city I miss, everyone should experience that city.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I keep hearing that. I have friends who've gone and they keep telling me how amazing Accra is. I hope to go there one day soon.

I can not recommend enough.

I’m not sure if my exes warning was unique to me but I did get treated like a movie star there which is what she said I’d be treated like. American vs muscular white guy with ink which I guess is the same to some.

it’s also a city of one ten models. 😂

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm fairly certain that primaries don't require any input from state governments as they're not actually "real" elections.

Well the NYC BOE for instance has a page on the 2022 primaries, which doesn't really make sense if they're not administering the primaries: https://vote.nyc/page/primary-elections-2022

In California they're definitely real elections, Rick Caruso could have won the mayorship of LA outright if he'd gotten over 50% in the primary for example, trying to pull that off is probably why he was flooding ad money during the primary when nobody else was.

I think you're thinking of caucuses.