Random Thoughts Thread

SuperSpreader

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

So in the pic from 20 yrs ago she looked old? Or looks really old now?

I've aged really well and people don't think I'm 40.

I don't have any friends anymore so I can't compare that situation.

Old now. I ran into my younger cousin at the store I hasn't seen him in ages and that dude looked fucking beat! (I recently moved back to where I grew up after 22yr away).

I'm sorta like y'all need help. 

schitts creek eww GIF by CBC

I was thinking a good app idea we could make is if we could come up with a video chat program that combined zoom, google meet, teams, webex, etc into one client so that if you are doing a lot of meetings outside of your organization back to back you aren’t running around all these different apps.

• Hugs 1

I was also thinking the other day that because society was/is so weird about having gender norms engrained into people what we did with cats is basically spread negative anti cat propaganda that made men less likely to want cats and to push them towards dog ownership. It’s just we do such weird silly things as a people lol.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

I was also thinking the other day that because society was/is so weird about having gender norms engrained into people what we did with cats is basically spread negative anti cat propaganda that made men less likely to want cats and to push them towards dog ownership. It’s just we do such weird silly things as a people lol.

I still feel gay for owning Elton. :/

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I still feel gay for owning Elton. :/

Yeah, because people weirdly propagandized cats to try to make you feel gay which also was propagandized itself to make you feel being gay was wrong (society at large definitely wasn’t actually on board yet when that line hit Seinfeld), because people are fucking weird about policing what other people like or dislike. 

• True 1

8 hours ago, stepee said:

I was thinking a good app idea we could make is if we could come up with a video chat program that combined zoom, google meet, teams, webex, etc into one client so that if you are doing a lot of meetings outside of your organization back to back you aren’t running around all these different apps.

ICQ Video 

8 hours ago, stepee said:

Whut

I’m in a very indecisive place. Do I want to move jobs to try a new setting, do we want a second child, when our dog eventually dies - will we get another one, I’m really enjoying rugby at the moment but is the risk worth it…

I feel like I need a few epiphanies/realisations in my life.

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I’m in a very indecisive place. Do I want to move jobs to try a new setting, do we want a second child, when our dog eventually dies - will we get another one, I’m really enjoying rugby at the moment but is the risk worth it…

I feel like I need a few epiphanies/realisations in my life.

A  built in feature of life is that if you do not make those choices, something will come along eventually and make them for you! :sun:

• Hugs 1

On 10/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, SuperSpreader said:

The same pattern happens every few months. I want to see something on TikTok, I make an account, I watch the thing. Next thing I'm just panning video after video of 19 year olds bouncing their boobs at the cam or working out. I realize I'm wasting time, I delete my account. 

I feel like that happens in the beginning but once you start liking videos the algorithm changes to suit your tastes.

I wonder why big pharma has not created pills that go down easier? I’ve been curious if maybe that is intentional to stop children from ingesting a bunch of medicines.